About Constitutional Law Society
The Constitutional Law Society of TNNLU is an academic committee that endeavors to raise awareness about various important and contemporary topics of Constitutional Law, and bring it into the mainstream. Our aim is to encourage the spirit of rational inquiry and critical thinking vis-a-vis constitutional developments. We believe that every citizen should have a fundamental grasp upon the basics of constitutional law, as it forms the backbone of our democratic rights, and this is this goal that we strive towards.
Through our extensive network of debates, discussions, media content, and legal writing, we hope to actuate a definitive change towards the way Constitutional Law is perceived, by making it more accessible, understandable, and interesting.
The Blog invites rolling submissions on legal, institutional and policy perspectives of constitutional developments from students and experts in practice and academia.
The CLS- Blog welcomes submissions of the following types:
Short Articles, which report on the results of new research in legal developments in relation to Constitutional law (up to 2000 words);
Opinion pieces, which advance a personal viewpoint on a current issue or debate in Constitutional Law (700-1200 words);
Legislative Comments, which addresses specific policy documents and draft legislation that affects public interest (up to 2000 words)
Case Comments, which reports on specific cases in Constitutional law (up to 2000 words)
Book Reviews, which critically analyses legal texts which concern Constitutional Law (up to 1500 words)
General Submission Guidelines
- All submissions must be in English.
- Submissions should be the original work of the contributor(s). Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic rejection.
- An article can be co-authored by a maximum of 2 people.
- Authors must hyperlink wherever possible and must footnote the source only where strictly necessary. The citation must be done in ILI style of citation.
- Formatting Criteria:
Font: Times New Roman;
Font Size: 12;
Line Spacing: 1.5 and
Alignment – Justified.
- Authors may submit pieces that have already been featured on other blogs, but they should disclose the previous publication during submission.
- Posts accepted for publication on the CLS-Blog shall not be cross-posted to other platforms within five days of publication. Following this period of time, cross-posting is permissible on the acknowledgment of previous publication on the CLS- Blog.
- Any conflict of interests should be disclosed.
- Submissions should not contain content that could be considered offensive, abusive, derogatory or potentially defamatory.
- Longer posts will be published only exceptionally, if the topic so warrants in the judgment of the editors.
- The editors of the CLS-Blog have absolute discretion in determining whether to accept a submission for publication on the Blog.
Details to be attached in the Form
- Manuscript along with an abstract of 80-100 words in .doc/.docx form.
- Type of submission.
- Author(s) Details- Name, contact information (phone number and mail ID), institutional affiliation
- In case of a professional, a short introduction of the author.
- Optional: A relevant photograph which can be set as the feature image on the blog post. [Do not upload your own photograph]
ILI Style of referencing can be found here.
We welcome pieces that address contemporary issues and nuances in Constitutional Law, both in India and internationally. We discourage posts that merely summarize cases or discuss basic aspects of Constitutional Law. We prefer that the submissions critically analyze or explore particular themes of relevance and pertinence. We are keen to create a dialogue between posts so please do cross-refer to and comment on other posts from the Blog.
If you have substantive questions, clarifications or proposals for consideration, please contact our editors.
The submission form for manuscripts is available here.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.