UnitedLex is a technology and legal services company committed to delivering full-scale Digital Transformation. The world’s most forward-thinking law departments rely on the company’s expertise in over 25 global jurisdictions. Founded in 2006, the team includes 3,000 legal, engineering, and technology professionals with major operations in 18 countries.
As a fast-growing company, they are committed to hiring talented individuals, providing a great workplace culture, continuously developing our employees, and providing interesting, challenging, and innovative work. Their global platform is the perfect place for hard-working, forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life to nurture and grow careers.
UnitedLex is committed to preserving the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the physical and electronic information assets throughout the organization. Consistent with the UnitedLex ISMS policy and the ISO 27001 standard, every employee is responsible for complying with UnitedLex information security policies and reporting all security concerns, weaknesses and breaches.
About the Vacancy
The Trademark Paralegal is responsible for individual contribution as part of the UnitedLex IP Managed Services. Primary day to day focus will be on various trademark-related paralegal and docketing activities
Candidates should have particular strengths in teamwork (internal and external stakeholders), quality control, file/docket and problem-solving. They must also have strong interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong academic background.
- Three+ years progressive work experience as a trademark paralegal at a law firm or in-house (preferred).
- At least one year of experience using CPI/Anaqua (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience working with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other professionals in the legal department and business teams
- Detail-oriented with excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Able to juggle multiple tasks – dynamic, and action-orientated, which meets deadlines and makes it happen.
- Ability to work collaboratively with an onsite and/or virtual global teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and related software programs
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, email, or verbally.
- Must have ability to build and maintain relationships and work confidently with people at all levels.
- Must be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to earn trust and credibility.
- Must have ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and make decisions based on experience, education and understanding of business needs.
- Fast learner able to grasp business needs and priorities quickly.
- Critical thinking: able to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Possess general working legal knowledge and specific client and company operations (preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines
- Proficient in technology and tools used by the company and with the client
- Reviewing incoming mails related to trademark matters.
- Supporting renewal and recordal activities
- Entering relevant trademark details including, but not limited to, deadlines, ownership and associated trademark recordals, licensing, renewals in the docketing tool.
- Supporting the management of Power of Attorney (PoAs)
- Forwarding docketed matters to the applicable attorney, outside counsel, or staff for appropriate response.
- Maintaining files and documents relevant to applicable matters in document management system.
- Assisting in daily quality assurance review for trademark filings, as well as general audits to review portfolios.
- Running customized dockets reports/status reports for in-house/outside Counsels and staff as needed.
- Opening new matters in document management systems.
- Reviewing the trademark dockets daily.
- Advising in-house team on issues relevant to clearing the docket and remove when appropriate.
- Assisting with monitoring the quality of data entry into Anaqua done by External Counsel
- Assisting in quality assurance review for trademark filings by noting and referring errors or omissions observed during the normal course of docketing duties.
- Assisting in checking and updating the status of trademark cases with IP Offices, third-party websites, and External Counsel, when appropriate.
- Performing electronic interactions with the relevant IP Offices and/or External Counsel.
How to Apply?
Interested Candidates can apply below:
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.