About the Internship
Department of Legal Affairs (DoLA) organizes Internship Programme for young law students for doing internship. The purpose of this Programme is to well acquaint young law students with the working of Department of Legal Affairs by giving training in the field of research & referencing work, tendering legal advice in various specialized fields of law such as constitutional & administrative law, finance law, infrastructure law, economic law, labour law, conveyancing, arbitration & contract law etc.
Indian students who are pursuing studies in 2nd & 3rd year of three-year degree course and in 3rd to 5th year of five-year degree course or students who have completed their LLB course from any recognized college/law school/university.
Duration of internship
Duration of internship ordinarily remain for a period of one month. Such internship shall commence from the first working day of every month unless specified. Monthly internship shall tentatively start from June, 2022 till May, 2023.
The maximum number of interns to be allowed in a given months will be 10-30.
Procedure to apply
The student willing to undergo internship program in Department of Legal Affairs may fill his/her application along with relevant documents/ a No Objection Certificate from his/her respective college/university.
The application form can be accessed on the website https://legalaffairs.gov.in/internship of Department of Legal Affairs. The students are advised to fill up the form online and upload all the documents prior to the last date which will be mentioned on the website.
Selection of interns will be on first come first serve basis, subject to the availability of slot and approval of the Competent Authority. All further intimations will be sent through SMS and Emails respectively.
Each selected intern shall be posted with an officer of the level of Assistant Legal Adviser/Deputy Legal Adviser/ Additional Legal Adviser/Joint Secretary & Legal Adviser/Additional Secretary/O/o the Law Secretary/ O/o the Minister of State (Law & Justice)/ O/o Minister of Law & Justice/Branch Secretariats and the Law Officers of Govt. of India with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Submission of Report
At the end of the Internship Programme, all the interns will be required to submit a report on the work undertaken in this Department.
Certificate of Internship
On satisfactory completion of internship, a Certificate of Internship shall be awarded. For satisfactory completion inter-alia 90% attendance is mandatory. This is a full time internship to be attended physically and the interns are not expected to pursue any other course/work during the tenure of internship.
The Department may terminate the training programme of an intern at any time without assigning any reasons.
Terms & Conditions of Internship
- The Intern has to make his/her own accommodation arrangement during the internship.
- Interns are required to present themselves at respective locations/premises from 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM unless otherwise permitted by the controlling officer.
- The Intern shall follow the rules & regulations which are in general applicable to employees of the Department.
- The Intern shall follow the confidentiality protocol of the Department and shall not reveal to any person or organization confidential information relating to the Department, its work and policies.
- The Internship is neither an employment nor an assurance of an employment with the Department.
- Interns will follow the advice given to them by the Department regarding representations to third parties.
- Library facility at the Main Secretariat is limited to referencing only; borrowing of books/journals is not extended to the interns. However, photo copies may be obtained from the Library.
- In the event of unsatisfactory performance, the concerned intern may be advised by Department of Legal Affairs to discontinue the Internship.
- If the intern decides to disengage from the Department, prior intimation should be given to this Department.
- The dress code of interns shall be formal black pant with white plain shirts.
- Selected interns are advised to contact respective Offices/ Sections in the Branch Secretariats for entry passes during the internship wherein the interns are posted. Interns posted in the Main Secretariat may contact Admin.II (LA) Section for the same.
The interns may be given an honorarium of Rs.5000/- on completion of their internship.
Section Officer, Admin.I (LA) at
Tele. – 011-23387914
Email – email@example.com
Checkout these Internship Opportunities Also
- Paid Internship Opportunity at Project 39A | Stipend Upto Rs 10K |
- Internship Opportunity at Cordatus Law Chambers LLP |
- Internship Opportunity with Adv. Anupam Sanghi | Apply Now!
|If you are a recruiter and want us to promote the vacancy for a Legal Job or Internship at your Law Firm/ Law Chamber/ NGO/ Company/ Startup, kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here|
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.