About Competition Commission of India (CCI)
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
About the Internship at CCI
In view of Covid-19 pandemic, the regular CCI internship programme has been suspended for the time being. However, for the benefit of students, the Commission will continue its Online Internship, the Commission will continue its Online Internship beyond July 2022 and up to August 2022.
For July to August 2022 Online Internships, eligible applicants whose applications received by 1st of preceding month (for example, for internship of July 2022-application should be received by 1st of June 2022, for internship of August 2022- application should be received by 1st of July 2022 and for internship of September 2022- application should be received by 1st of August 2022) shall only be considered. The same timeline will be applicable for future internship.
From September, 2022, the Commission will resume physical internship which will require mandatory stay at headquarter i.e. New Delhi.
Guidelines for Internship
- The shortlisted candidates shall be allocated guides/mentors who are Officers of CCI.
- The interns will be provided contact details of their mentors/guides for being in regular touch with them to complete the assigned work.
- The duration of online internship shall be decided by the mentor/guide depending on the work assigned.
- In the first week of every month, online orientation programme will be organized for selected students by Advocacy Division of CCI and a review meeting will be conducted in second week of the month through virtual mode.
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Competition
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
- Students pursuing following courses can apply,
- Economics and Management :
- MA / MSc. (Economics)
- Fourth and final year students of 5 year integrated degree Programme in Economics
- Second and third year of the Bachelors degree in Law (3 year course after graduation) or
- Fourth and final year of the five year integrated course in Law and students who have taken 3rd year exam and are entering the 4th year.
- Regulatory Governance:
- MA / MSc. (Regulatory Governance)
- Professional Courses:
- Students of final group of Chartered Accountancy or Cost
- Accountancy or Company Secretary
- Economics and Management :
Applicants shall submit their applications duly signed/ endorsed by their colleges/institutions in the space specifically provided in application form with the heading ‘CERTIFICATION AND RECOMMENDATION BY INSTITUTION’ Or in alternative, applications must be accompanied with a scanned copy of email/letter from the respective institution certifying that the student is a bonafide student of the institution and pursuing the course (with year) mentioned in the application for internship. Such email/letter must be issued by Dean/Registrar/HoD/Director/Authorized Officials. Applications shall be sent in PDF mode by online only. Hard copies of applications shall not be accepted.
The emails carrying such requests shall indicate “Online Internship during the month of (mention intended month) 2021” as subject/title of email. All such requests for online internship must be sent at email- firstname.lastname@example.org Applications sent at/addressed to any other email ID shall not be considered. The Application form is available in the website below:
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.