About the Internship
Subject: Internship starting in the month of January 2022 under Internship Scheme 202122 at Food Safety and Standards Authority of IndiaFood Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a statutory body established under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 under the aegis of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. It is the apex body responsible for ensuring food safety and compliance to food standards across the country. FSSAI internship programme will provide Interns with unique learning opportunities in various areas of food regulation of food safety administration.
Students pursuing a full-time Graduate/Post Graduate Degree/higher degree from a Recognized Institute within India/ abroad, in any of the following:
- Pursuing Post Graduate Degree/B.Tech/BE from a recognized University or Institution in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Food Technology or Food Science & Technology or Food & Nutrition or Edible Oil Technology or Microbiology or Dairy Technology or Agricultural or horticultural Sciences or Industrial Microbiology or Toxicology or Public Health or Life Science or Biotechnology or Fruit & Vegetable Technology or Food Safety & Quality Assurance.
- Business Administration & Management including policy regulation and related fields.
- PG Diploma/Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication and Public Relations.
- E. / B. Tech in Computer Science/Information Technology Software Engineering or related Stream.
- Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in Public Policy Public Administration.
- Bachelor/Master of Law.
Note: Students in the 3rd / 4th year of Bachelor’s program in Food Technology or related fields can also apply.
Internship will be available throughout the year at different points of time, Internship will be offered for the duration of up to 03 months, which may be extended to a maximum period of 06 months. No internship of duration less than a month will be offered.
Place of(FSSAI) Internship Scheme 2021-2022
- FSSAI (HQ), FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road New Delhi- 110002
- FSSAI (Northern Region), C/o National Food Laboratory, Ahinsa Khand-ll, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Next to CISF Camp, Uttar Pradesh-201014.
- FSSAI (Western Region), Hall Mark Business Plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg, Opp. Gurunanak Hospital Road, Bandra (East), Mumbai- 400051.
- FSSAI (Southern Region), Central Documentation Complex, (South Wing), Chennai Port Trust, Rajaji Salai, Chennai.
- FSSAI (Eastern Region), Benfish Tower, 6th floor,3 1 G N Block, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata700091.
- National Food Laboratory, Ahinsa Khand-ll, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Next to CISF Camp, Uttar Pradesh-201014.
- National Food Laboratory, 3, Kyd Street, Kolkata-700016.
Interns would be required to have their own laptops. FSSAI shall provide working space, internet facility and other necessities but shall not cover local lodging and travel facilities. FSSAI will not bear the expenses of any Boarding.
Application Process of Internship Scheme 2021-2022
- Interested and eligible students can apply online in the specified format as per the timelines provided by FSSAI. Applicants, who have applied for internship for previous months, need to apply afresh.
- The shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a short write-up/presentation for final selection.
- The final list of selected candidates along with their date of joining and Internship tenure would be declared online on the FSSAI website.
|Starting date of receiving application||03rd December 2021|
|Last date for submitting an online application||13th December 2021|
|Announcement of Shortlisted candidates||23rd December 2021|
|Date of Joining||3 January 2022|
- At the time of joining, Intern would be required to carry a letter from their Institute indicating his/her status in the Institution as a student and “No Objection” for allowing him/her to undergo Internship Program for the period for which he/she is selected, if applicable. A character certificate from the authority of the Institute, along with proof of educational qualifications as mentioned in the application form would also need to be submitted at the time of joining for internship.
Areas/Domains Available for Internship
Any of the area mentioned in the application will be deemed indicative of the preference and not a confirmation of protect allocation in the specific department.
|New Delhi (HQ)||StandardsRegulation/CodexRegulatory ComplianceFSMS|
|Human ResourceFinance & AccountsImports quality AssuranceLegalITsocial & Behavioural Change|
|Regional Offices (Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai &Kolkata)||Food Imports Clearance and Licensing|
|National Food Laboratory, Ghaziabad and Kolkata||Food sampling and testing.|
Interns would be attached to one of the several Divisions at FSSAI (HQ)/ ROs/Labs depending on the academic and technical training and assigned project(s) related to different aspects of Food and Nutrition Management Processes
A stipend of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) for the internship period will be given to the deserving Interns on the recommendation of the Office/Division that they are attached with. The criteria for deserving interns will be decided based on their (a) attendance, (b) assessment by their respective reporting officers; and (c) evaluation of the report by the Committee.
All the interns will be awarded a certificate on successful completion of the internship i.e. on submission and review of final report/presentation.
How to Apply
Apply for Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) Internship Scheme 2021-2022 over here – Click Here
Check original notification regarding Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) Internship Scheme 2021-2022 – Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.