Table of Contents
The Centre for Environment and Disaster Management (CEDM), Himachal Pradesh National
Law University (HPNLU), Shimla, is launching the Second Volume of its annual online publication, HPNLU Journal of Environment and Disaster Management (JEDM) (ISSN: 2583-
1429). The volume is scheduled to be released in the last quarter of 2022. JEDM is now accepting submissions from academicians (including faculty members, research scholars, and students), judges, and professionals for this volume. The JEDM is not a limited review of laws but promotes and prescribes writings with an interdisciplinary perspective, within the limited purview of law and environment. Though, the scope of the content of the JEDM is wide, it is advised that the writers should focus on contemporary legal developments.
About the JEDM
HPNLU Journal of Environment and Disaster Management is a peer-reviewed journal published by the CEDM, HPNLU, Shimla. The Journal is an annually published, online and open access journal. The Journal is envisioned to study, analyse, and develop/ advance knowledge on legal and jurisprudential issues with an inter-disciplinary perspective keeping
environmental issues as the focal point.
JEDM strives to be the premier source for academic analysis of legal issues, such that scholars, professionals, news media, and the public turn to HPNLU Journal of Environment and Disaster Management when complicated issues arise. Along with exploring the various problems and challenges that affect the legal world, the Journal attempts to explore and offer workable solutions, which may be helpful.
Our mission is to promote social change and intellectual debate through the publication and
advancement in-depth and innovative legal scholarship. We are committed to exploring new
directions and perspectives in the legal field. Any queries about the journal and submissions therein maybe directed to – [email protected]
Articles – 6000-10000 Words
Essay/Case Comments /Legislative Review- 4000-6000 Words
Book Reviews – 2000-3000 Words
Note – The word limit prescribed for each category is exclusive of the footnotes and references.
The prescribed theme(s) or topic(s) for the JEDM is Environmental Law.
Inter-disciplinary studies are promoted, and contemporary topics of socio-economic relevance are suggested to the writers.
All contributions must be submitted in electronic form. The paper should be processed in MS Office and the following guidelines must be followed –
- Paragraphs should be double spaced.
- Margin on the left and the right-hand side for the paragraphs should be one and half inches.
- Font should be in type – Palatino Linotype and size – 11, throughout the paper.
- Footnotes should be in Palatino Linotype and font size 10.
- Use of italics, bold font, and single inverted commas is suggested for the manuscript.
- The manuscript should not contain any references to the identity of the authors.
Send your manuscript in MS-Word (.docx) format to [email protected]. The subject of the email should be “Submission for HPNLU-JEDM 2021” . The submissions must be sent by 30 April 2022.
Each submission should include in the first page an Abstract of the paper. The length of the abstract should be 250-300 words.
Covering Letter and Undertaking
All submissions should carry with itself Covering Letter and Undertaking in the Pro-forma prescribed in Annexure – 1 of this notice for call of papers.
Acceptance and Communication
The decision on the acceptance of the paper for publication will be of the editorial board which shall be final. The decision of acceptance will be communicated to the contributor.
Due to the large number of submissions that the JEDM receives, it would not be feasible to reply to each contributor individually. Therefore, in case you do not receive any communication from the team, kindly consider your contribution, as not being considered for the current volume. The contributors are however encouraged to research and improvise and resubmit the paper for future volume(s) of the JEDM.
The last date for submission of manuscript is 30 April 2022.
- Citation: For citation refer to the HPNLU Legal Citation Format available at – Microsoft Word – HPNLU Legal Citation Style Booklet 2021.
- Lengthy Quotations discouraged: Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep it at minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgement.
- Footnotes: Lengthy and multi-paragraph footnotes are discouraged. It should mention the page(s) of the source(s) and in case where a Court Judgment issued, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Websites: Only authoritative websites may be cited. References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
Address of contact
Terms and Conditions
The authors and contributors should comply with following terms and conditions:
- The submission should be well researched/documented following the uniform style guide given above.
- The submission should be the original work of the contributor and not a compilation of pre-existing works on the subject, and it should not amount to the violation of others’ copyright. The contributor must give a declaration as to the originality of the work.
- The copyright in all articles, published in the Volume, shall vest in the owner of the Law Review i.e. HPNLU, Shimla.
- The views adopted from other sources and others’ work must be quoted and sufficiently acknowledged.
- Paraphrasing another author’s work shall not be considered as original work. If, however, such paraphrasing is inevitable as also necessary, the same shall be acknowledged.
- The Contributor has to cover the risk of being sued for copyright, defamation, or contempt and shall be liable to suffer the losses if caused by copyright violation.
JEDM Volume I can be accessed here.
- 2nd Edition of Justice R.K. Tankha Parliamentary Debate | Shastratha – Debating Society, DNLU | 15th – 17th April, 2022.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at pr.legallyflawless@admin.
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.