ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
A student in a university is subjected to a various competitive atmosphere where other aspects of his/her life sometimes become dormant. The University, to cater to the psychological needs of the students and to help them throughout their academic journey in the University, established a committee known as The Health and Wellness Committee. Considering the major objective of the Committee, it has collaborated with an expert that works on an efficient online model where the students get the benefit to connect anytime from anywhere. The Committee believes that Mental Health is a substantial aspect of everyone’s life that is still not very much discussed and debated. The Committee in the campus and even virtually, through its various events and activities strives to build an atmosphere where Mental Health is accorded great care and always tries to encourage and share its importance among all.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
As Covid-19 assailed the world, it brought everything around us to a halt, not only was it a shock to all but it gradually became a part of our lives and continued to hinder and affect our day-to-day lives in one or another manner. With the different phases of lockdown, many things in our lives were at stake. But above all, the crisis majorly took a toll on the Mental Health of every individual. Mental Health, is a topic that is not only less recognized but is also least discussed. Therefore, The Health and Wellness Committee to recognize and bring up the importance of Mental Health is pleased to organize its 1st Article Writing competition where we invite articles on the subject area of “Significance of Mental Health”. The Committee looks forward to receiving Articles where the importance of Mental Health is recognized and how the world and especially India needs to have a more commending approach concerning such situations for the times ahead.
Founded by Mr. Arpit Suri under the mentorship and guidance of Dr. (Prof.) R.K. Suri in 2018 is headquartered in New Delhi, TalktoAngel is a registered startup providing online counseling services for mental health. With a team of 200+ certified & qualified therapists on board, TalktoAngel provides e-counseling services in 18+ Indian languages for over 30 areas of expertise in chat/video/voice call mode to users in India and across the globe.
Online counseling at TalktoAngel is based on its Four Foundational Pillars of providing- Secure & Confidential; Solution Oriented; Comfortable & Affordable; Stigma-Free therapy, through its self-curated HIPPA compliant platform. E-counseling at TalktoAngel could be accessed from any device, at any time, through any mode thereby, making mental health counseling easily accessible and hassle-free. Depending on the customer needs, the e-services at TalktoAngel are categorized and packaged towards providing:
(a) Individual Counselling;
(b) Couple Counselling;
(c) Online Psychiatric Counselling;
(d) Corporate Wellness Program; and
(e) Campus Wellness Program.
(f) Online Self-Assessments (Help tests for self-introspection)
Any student pursuing U.G / P.G course.
A maximum of 2 Co-authors are allowed.
The broad theme for the said topic will be Mental Health. The sub-themes have been
mentioned below. The participants can choose any other sub-theme of their choice.
- Critical analysis of The Mental Healthcare Act, 2017
- Position of Mental Health and Human Rights in Indian Constitution
- Mental health in India: The need for judicial reform
- Mental health and insurance sector in India
- Mental health and Substance abuse
- Mental health disorders and Covid-19
- Religion and Mental health
- Gender and Mental health
- Increasing suicide rates in India: a critical analysis from a mental and legal perspective
- Mental health Awareness: The Indian scenario
- LGBTQ community and Mental Health issues
Last date for Registration: 15th March, 2022.
Date of Submission: 25th of March, 2022
Date of Result Declaration (Tentative): 15th April
1) Single Author- ₹50
2) Co-Author- ₹70
Gpay Number/ PhonePe- 8860998505
Account Details- Toshika Soni,
A/C No. – 36542189243, IFSC- SBIN0001605
Registration link: click here
- Cash Prizes for top 2 winners.
- Compilation of the top 20 articles will be published on the website of the
- Certificate of Excellence for top 10 participants.
- Participation Certificates for the entire participants.
- Access to TalktoAngel’s free unlimited E- sessions to the competition’s winner
for a period of 1 year. (Commencing from the Date of Result Declaration).
- Opportunity of one-month online internship to the winner at TalktoAngel.
(Area of internship to be decided based upon by student’s academic qualification
and area of interest).
- Access to unlimited E-session at 20% discount to all the registered participants
of the competition for the period of 1 year.
SUBMISSION DETAILS AND GENERAL GUIDELINES
The guidelines are as follows:
- The title of the article ought to be appropriate.
- The maximum word limit is 1500 words excluding footnotes.
- Plagiarism shall not exceed 10%.
- Co-authorship of more than 2 authors is not allowed.
- Names of both the author and the co-author (if any) along with their respective
designation(s) and contact number(s) must be submitted in a separate MS Word document.
- Any kind of names or signs that might reveal the identity of the author by any means on the
document shall attract disciplinary measures.
- Participants must follow the Oscola 4th Edition method of citation.
- The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, justified alignment, 1.5
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing
- The paper shall be in MS Word Format.
- Once the article has been submitted to the Committee, the ownership of the article shall be
transferred to the organizers.
- Articles that are already published or are in consideration with other organizations shall be
- All the articles shall be submitted to the e-mail:[email protected].
- Any similarity of texts without due acknowledgments or any other kind of malpractices by
any means shall attract strict disciplinary actions.
All the articles must strictly adhere to the guidelines. Any article not following the same
shall be outrightly rejected.
Essays will be evaluated by a panel of distinguished evaluators, with criteria about Clarity and content; Originality and relevance; Structure and flow; Presentation, and effectiveness in communicating the message.
- 1st National Essay-Writing Competition on Reproductive Rights in India | GNLU Centre for Women and Child Rights.
- Webinar on “Career in Sports Law” | Centre for Excellence in Sports and Entertainment Laws.
- Human Rights Quiz | National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), MyGOV.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.