About the Organization
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India was established on 12 October, 1993 as an autonomous quasi judicial body for the promotion and protection of human rights in the country. The statute under which it is established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993 as amended by the Protection of Human Rights(Amendment) Act, 2006 and 2019 passed by Parliament.
The NHRC, India, is in conformity with the Paris Principles, adopted at the first international workshop on national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights held in Paris in October 1991, and endorsed by the General Assembly of the United Nations by its Regulations 48/134 of 20 December, 1993.
The NHRC is an embodiment of India’s concern for the promotion and protection of human rights in line with its Constitution Section 2 (1) (d) of the PHRA defines Human Rights as the rights relating to life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
The functions of the Commission as stated in Section 12 of the Act and apart from enquiry into complaints of violation of human rights or negligence in the prevention of such violation by a public servant, the Commission also spreads awareness about human rights through media, publications, training, seminar, conferences, research and studies treaties and international instruments on human rights and make recommendations for their effective implementation to the Government.
The Commission is responsible for spreading of human rights awareness amongst the masses and encouraging the efforts of all stake holders in the field of human rights literacy. Besides the Chairperson, the NHRC has five Members, including one woman Member. Beside them, it has 7 ex-officio Members including, Chairpersons of National Commission for Minorities, National Commission for SCs, National Commission for STs, National Commission for Women, National Commission for Backward Classes, National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights, and the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities. It has jurisdiction throughout the country, whereas the State Human Rights Commissions, which are independent of it, have their jurisdiction within the matters and geographical boundaries of their respective states. The world looks at NHRC, India as a role model in promoting and monitoring effective implementation of promotion and protection of human rights.
The NHRC, India plays an active role in coordinating with other NHRls of the world to enhance awareness from the perspective of human rights. It is an A status Accredited NHRI with the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions, GANHRI and a founder member of Asia Pacific Forum of the NHRls in the Asia Pacific Region. It has different core groups on various thematic issues of human rights and include as members, experts, officers and civil society representatives.
There will be three cash prizes i.e. First, Second, Third as under:-
1st Prize Rs. 15,000/-
2nd Prize Rs. 10,000/-
3rd Prize Rs. 5,000/-
07 consolation prizes of Rs. 2000/-
As may be decided by the Commission
Terms and Conditions
• The quiz will in bilingual format i.e. in Hindi and English.
• Duration of the quiz will be 5 minutes (300 seconds), during which a maximum of 5 questions can be answered from the 4 options for each question.
• The criteria for selection of successful winners will be “Maximum Correct Answers in the Shortest Time”
• There is no entry fee to participate in the contest which is open to Indian citizens only.
• An individual is permitted to participate only once in the quiz.
• Only Indian Citizens aged 14 years & above can participate in the quiz only.
• Any individual who desires to participate in the quiz will be required to provide his/her name, date of birth (attached scan copy of Aadhar Card), correspondence address, email address and mobile number.
• Bank details will be required to be submitted by the winners after announcement of the result of the quiz. Non-furnishing of the above information/documents at appropriate stage will render the selection null and void.
• Discovery/detection/noticing of use of any unfair/spurious means/malpractices, including but not limited to impersonation, double participation etc. during the participation in the quiz, will result in the participation declared null and void and hence, rejected. The organizers of the quiz competition or any agency acting on their behalf reserves the right in this regard.
• The MyGov profile of the participants should be accurate and updated as well as the information on the profile for further communication. This includes the participant’s name, photo, e-mail ID, mobile number and Aadhar number. Entries of participants/applicant who fail to furnish complete profile may be rejected.
• NHRC, India had the rights to cancel or amend all or any part of this Contest and/ or the Terms and Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria. However, any changes to the Terms and Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria, or cancellation of the Contest, will be updated/ posted on the MyGov platform. It would be the responsibility of the participants/ applicants to keep themselves informed about any changes in the Terms and Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria stated for this contest.
For more details and participating in Quiz click here.
Also Read :
- Call for Papers | E-Journal of Academic Innovations and Research in Intellectual Property Assets | Chanakya National Law University.
- 2-days International Conference on Law and Forensic Justice | National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU).
- Six-Day Online Certificate Course On DIRECT TAXES & GST 21-26 Feb 2022 | Jagran Lakecity University
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.