Table of Contents
About the Organizer
With an aim to promote active discourse and deliberation in the field of Women and Child Rights development, Gujarat National Law University established the Centre for Women and Child Rights on 15th of September, 2020. The high prevalence of malnutrition, the high neonatal mortality rate, poor coverage of full immunization, the declining sex ratio and child marriage pose a challenge to improving human development outcomes for every child in Gujarat and it is pertinent that more time, research and resources are allocated to make sure children have a safe, healthy and flourishing childhood. With these goals, Gujarat National Law University has established the Centre for Women and Child Rights to carry out research and capacity-building activities in the field of women and child rights.
About the Essay Writing Competition
GNLU’s Centre for Women and Child Rights is inviting submissions for GCWCR Essay Writing Competition, 2022 on the theme of ‘Reproductive Rights in India’.
Theme– Reproductive Rights in India
- Key Policies/Schemes addressing Sexual and Reproductive Health in India
- Family Planning Practices in India
- Infertility and Surrogacy – Legal Framework
- Adoption: Legal and Societal Challenges
- Abortion Rights
- Child Marriage- Sexual and Reproductive Health of the Young
- Impact of raising legal marriage of age on the reproductive rights of individuals
The sub-themes are merely indicative. Any contemporary legal issue relevant to the theme may be written upon. Inter-disciplinary and comparative approaches are highly encouraged.
All students pursuing under-graduate (three/five year) or post-graduate law degrees from any law school/university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the Essay Competition.
- The word limit for the essay is 2500 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- All submissions must be original and unpublished work of the author(s). All submissions should be plagiarism free and within the permissible plagiarism percentage of 10%.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of 2 authors is permitted.
- Disclosure of information regarding the identity of author(s), including, but not limited to name, institution’s details, professional details, etc., within the body of the manuscript or other parts of the document submitted is strictly prohibited.
- The participants are required to submit their manuscript by mailing it to [email protected].
- The participants are required to provide their details (Name, Year of Study and Name of Institution) in the body of the e-mail.
- The essays can be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible. In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered for review.
Formatting and Citation Guidelines
- Font Style- Times New Roman; Size- 12; Justified; Line Spacing- 1.5
- Authorities must be cited in the form of footnotes.
- Citations must follow the 20th Edition Bluebook citation style.
- For footnotes:
- Font Style- Times New Roman
- Size- 10
- Alignment- Justified
- Line Spacing- 1
- 1st Prize- ₹5,000
2nd Prize- ₹3,000
3rd Prize- ₹2,000
- Top TEN Essays will be published on the GCWCR Blog, and their writers will be awarded with a CERTIFICATE OF MERIT.
- Last date of submission: 1st March 2022 (8:00 PM IST)
- Date of announcement of results: Mid-March
- There is no registration fees to be paid for participation.
- By submitting the article, the author(s) forfeit their copyright over their manuscript in favour of the organizers.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the organizers will be final and binding. The Centre retains absolute discretion in marking the manuscripts.
For queries, contact:
Number: +91 9777532246 (Ananya Mahapatra, Student Co-ordinator)
Email: [email protected]
Also Read :
- Webinar on “Career in Sports Law” | Centre for Excellence in Sports and Entertainment Laws.
- Human Rights Quiz | National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), MyGOV.
- International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems | Centre for Research in Air & Space Law Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai | Centre of Aviation and Space Laws West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences | 30 April 2022
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.