Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan, Associate – Customs Litigation, careers Lakshmikumaran Sridharan,
About Lakshmikumaran & Shridharan
Founded in 1985 by Mr V Lakshmikumaran and Mr V Sridharan with humble beginnings, the firm started with a Tax Practice but has gradually expanded to other areas. It is now a full-service law firm offering litigation, consulting and advisory services in Tax, International Trade, Corporate, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property Rights and Food Safety Law through the support of our 700+ professionals.
- LLB from a known Law School with strong academic track record.
- Prior experience in Indirect Tax would be preferred i. e. Customs, Foreign Trade Policy, Special Economic Zone, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal in English) and a well-rounded personality.
0-2 years of experience
- Preparing reply to Show cause notice
- Preparing tax appeals to be filed at the Commissioner (Appeals)
- Preparing tax appeals to be filed at the Court (i.e. Tribunal, High Court / Supreme Court)
- Briefing and assistance of seniors in appearances before different forums including tax officers, Tribunal, High Court/Supreme Court, etc.
- Stay updated on legal development and participate actively in the firm’s initiatives for knowledge building and enhancement like case law digest, litigation meetings, article writing, etc.
Client service delivery/execution
- Ability to pro-actively identify and discuss technical issues with clients while being mindful of firm risk issues
- Handle tax matters with regard to preparation of submissions, replies to notices, appeals etc., representation during appeals along with managers etc.
- Executes the work on a multiple client base. Assumes near independent responsibility for smaller clients
- Develops rapport with middle layers of client management
Develops commercial acumen
- Stays abreast of firm wide and competitor activities and general business trends
- Brings value to the client and manager by applying this knowledge in delivering solutions to clients
Networking & Identification of opportunities
- Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager
- Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.