About Project 39A
Project 39 A is a formal part of NLU Delhi that is inspired by Article 39A of the Constitution of India, a provision that furthers the intertwined values of equal justice and equal opportunity by removing economic and social barriers. They are engaged in providing pro bono legal assistance to prisoners sentenced to death across the country by using empirical research to re-examine practices and policies in the criminal justice system.
Project 39A aims to trigger new conversations on legal aid, torture, forensics, mental health in prisons, and the death penalty.
|Name||Project 39 A|
About The Internship
Project 39A is developing a robust and rewarding internship program that will provide meaningful exposure to the complexities and nuances of the criminal justice system in India.
The different kinds of work undertaken are:
- Research: Our research efforts lay significant emphasis on fieldwork and empirical analysis. Efforts involve work on various aspects of the following issues:
- forensic science with a particular focus on DNA forensics
- legal aid in the criminal justice system
- mental health and criminal justice
- administration of the death penalty
- Litigation: To ensure competent pro bono legal representation for prisoners sentenced to death in various parts of India, irrespective of the crime.
Open to students in India and other countries, enrolled in a recognized undergraduate or post-graduate program in the
- social sciences,
- management or
- media and communications.
Those enrolled in other programs may apply but preference will be given to those enrolled in the programs listed above.
Candidates will be asked to undertake tasks that may involve assisting with litigation activities, research projects, or initiatives in public outreach.
While the organization shall attempt to account for the interests expressed by the interns, it reserves the right to allocate tasks as it deems fit as per its requirements.
All members of Project 39A undertake administrative duties and therefore interns will also be expected to assist in administrative matters.
Interns will be required to observe the working hours of Project 39A and work from its offices only.
Internships are full-time and for a period of minimum of 4 weeks to a maximum of 12 weeks.
Candidates must indicate the exact dates in their application.
Interns shall be based out of NLUD’s offices on the NLU Delhi campus in Sector14, Dwarka, New Delhi 100078.
While applications for part-time interns are considered, there is a strong preference in favor of full-time
Part-time interns, if selected, are required to intern for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Stipend of Rs 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only) for every four-week period of internship undergone.
- Interns on a part-time internship will be paid a stipend of Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand Only) for every four-week period of internship undergone.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply by clicking here
- Internship Opportunity at International Council of Jurists
- Internship opportunity at The Centre for Trade and Investment Law
- Internship opportunity at KZJ Partners
|If you are a recruiter and want us to promote the vacancy for a Legal Job or Internship at your Law Firm/ Law Chamber/ NGO/ Company/ Startup, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com|
|Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here|
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.