The National Commission for Women (NCW) is the statutory body of the Government of India, generally concerned with advising the government on all policy matters affecting women. It was established on January 31st, 1992 under the provisions of the Indian Constitution, as defined in the 1990 National Commission for Women Act.
The National Commission for Women (NCW) has been set up as a statutory body to further review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards available to women, recommend remedial measures to remove impediments in realizing such goals, facilitate redressal of grievances and advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women. The Commission also organizes workshops/consultations, constitutes expert committees, undertakes studies/make recommendations for economic empowerment of women, conducts workshops/seminars for gender awareness and takes up publicity campaign awareness in the society against such social evils.
About the Opportunity
NCW decided to engage interns in the National Commission for Women with immediate effect, to effectively disseminate knowledge/information on women related issues and build a pool of trained manpower.
Accordingly, it has been decided to offer following categories of internship:
- Scheme A: Unpaid Internship for a period not less than 30 days for 1st-year students of 3-year LLB Course or 3rd-year student of 5 years LLB Course/Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work 1st year
- Scheme B: Paid Internship for a period of 60 days: Students of the second year of 3-year LLB Course/4th / 5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB Courses/2nd year Post Graduate Sociology/Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women studies/Gender studies/Students of LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D/Ph.D Scholars
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
Each intern will need to maintain a diary of the work done by them on each day of internship in the Commission. All interns will also be required to sign a declaration regarding the confidentiality of information/documents that will come to their knowledge.
Eligibility Criteria (Educational Background, Skills and Abilities Required, etc)
- For a period of a minimum of 30 days:
- 1st-year students of 3-year LLB Course OR
- 3rd-year student of 5 years LLB Course/Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work 1st year
- For a period of a minimum of 60 days:
- Students of 2nd year of 3-year LLB Course OR
- 4th/5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB Courses OR
- 2nd year Post Graduate Sociology/Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women studies/Gender studies OR
- Students of LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D/Ph.D Scholars.
- For less than 60 days Internship: No honorarium will be paid in cases where the interns work for less than 60 days.
- For 60 days Internship: Rs. 10,000 per month
How to Apply?
- Students desirous of interning with the NCW may upload their applications in the prescribed proforma indicating dates for the calendar year 2021 when they would like to intern with the Commission.
- A letter of recommendation from the Head of the Institution/Authorised Signatory may also be uploaded.
Important Note: To register for the internship, and for the official information, visit the website through the link given at the end of this post.
- Scheme A: First come first serve basis subject to fulfilling the eligibility requirements
- Scheme B: 50% weightage for the percentage obtained during last two years and 50% weightage for the quality of the ‘Statement of Purpose’ uploaded as part of the proforma.
Internship Duration May 6th, 2021 to December 31st, 2021
- Start Date for Applying: May 6th, 2021
- Last Date for Applying: November 30th, 2021
!! APPLY NOW !!
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.