Table of Contents
About GE Appliances:
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, they come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., they’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. They believe in the power of their people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way they work, invent, create, do business, and serve their communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
About the Internship:
The Intern will be provided in-depth training on fundamentals of IP, using IP data bases, analyze novelty and patentability of inventions. The Intern is expected to have sharp learning curve, good fundamental understanding of engineering concepts, a good ability to understand drawings and go beyond his/her domain.
Responsibilities of the Intern:
These are guided tasks in the initial phase of 2 to 3 months and intern is expected to develop good proficiency in the area by half term of internship.
- Learn fundamentals of IP, data base tools and options, Basics of Patents and non-patent literature and apply during analysis phase.
- Learn formation of search strategy to analyze a concept and recommend if it has potential to get a patent using a variety of free and subscribed databases.
- Develop good understanding on technology landscapes, assess competitive position, and provide relevant conclusions and recommendations.
The Intern is preferred to be a final year student of from a leading institution or a one who has completed B. Tech or M. Tech in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic/ Mechatronics / Computer Science engineering or a related discipline.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A passion for technology
- Good experience handling MS office
- Good visualization of problem statements, drawings, figures.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms and prior experience in R/Python will be an added advantage.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.