The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) has been constituted under the Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005. It is the statutory watchdog of the Government of Delhi on matters of child rights.
|Name of the organization||Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR)|
About the Opportunity
The Commission offers internships across divisions and themes to youngsters. Interns typically support the Commission in background research, field visits, data analytics, preparing policy briefs/summaries, drafting letters/notices/summons, preparing minutes of the meetings, and documentation-related support including social media amongst others. Full-time interns are provided with a modest stipend in addition to official travel-related reimbursements.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Conduct background research on different issues involving children such as violence and abuse, child labour, education, health & nutrition, etc.
- Conduct field visits to anganwadis, schools, children homes to collect facts and prepare background reports. They also assist inspection teams.
- Prepare background policy briefs on different issues related to children
- Handle social media for the Commission in a manner prescribed
- Assist in the project management and their logistics including but not limited to different interventions, rescue operations, on-site awareness activities, training programmes etc.
- Draft notices/summons/legal briefs as may be assigned
- Engage in teaching, learning and extra-curricular activities, if assigned to work in children homes
- Assist the Commission in resolving different grievances raised by citizens.
- Any other task that the Commission deems appropriate.
- Commitment to public service
- Good communication skills (Both, hindi and english)
- Work ethics and high integrity
- Basic humility to work in teams and setting
- Basic levels of proficiency in English (writing, reading)
- Microsoft office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- Background (either academic or work experience) in law, policy, social work, education, counseling
- Prior experience of working for public cause as part of volunteering or employment
How to Apply?
Interested can apply via google form by clicking here
There is no fixed last date. It is on a rolling basis. The Commission shall close the internships for which they have found suitable candidates. Applications are processed on a rolling basis.
- Internship Opportunity at International Council of Jurists
- Internship opportunity at The Centre for Trade and Investment Law
- Internship opportunity at KZJ Partners
|If you are a recruiter and want us to promote the vacancy for a Legal Job or Internship at your Law Firm/ Law Chamber/ NGO/ Company/ Startup, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]|
|Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here|
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.