The Singapore International Mediation Institute’s (SIMI) Contemporary Issues In Mediation Research Essay Competition is an annual event aimed at developing and fostering an interest in mediation, a form of collaborative dispute resolution, amongst tertiary students.
For the past 7 years, “Contemporary Issues in Mediation” has been edited by academics and practitioners in the mediation field. Entries which contribute to the body of thinking on mediation (including but not limited to mediation standards) and help bring mediation practice to higher levels will stand a chance to have their essays published in CIIM Volume 8.
The competition is sponsored by SIMI and offers the following:
- Top entry: Book Vouchers valued at SGD300 and winning essay published in the book series “Contemporary Issues in Mediation” Volume 8 *
- Runner-up entry: Book Vouchers valued at SGD200 and winning essay published in the book series “Contemporary Issues in Mediation” Volume 8 *
- All other short-listed entries: Essays will be published in the book series “Contemporary Issues in Mediation” Volume 8, and author(s) of the essay named as contributors accordingly
*SIMI reserves the right to replace the book vouchers with other vouchers/e-vouchers but in equivalent value to that stated.
Competition closes 31 May 2022.
Who can apply?
The competition is open to participants from across the world.
All registered tertiary students across all disciplines of studies studying at universities, colleges or other educational institutions (including those pursuing postgraduate studies in masters or doctorate degree) may apply.
How do I submit an entry?
- Read the CIIM Competition Terms and Conditions 2022 provided here.
- Write your Essay (between 2,700 – 3,000 words).
- Complete the CIIM Application Form here.
- Email your application form and essay to email@example.com no later than 2359 (GMT+8) hours on Tuesday, 31 May 2022.
Do I need to pay registration fees?
Participation in the competition is FREE.
What should I write about?
Any topic and issue related to mediation.
Participants are encouraged to be creative in their topics (e.g. write about the confluence of mediation and other disciplines, and its impact on mediation practice) and are free to decide how they wish to approach their chosen topic.
- 5 Days Certificate Course on “International Maritime Law” | KIIT School of Law.
- Online Certificate Course on “Gender Jurisprudence in India” | GNLU Centre for Women & Child Rights.
- National Policy Formulation Competition | KIIT University, School of Law.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.