About the Centre
The GNLU Centre for Women and Child Rights (GCWCR) was established in September 2020 to develop, promote and support advanced interdisciplinary studies and research which lie at the intersection of law and policy within the area of women and child welfare. It also aims to strengthen public policy through independent, non-partisan and rigorous research and analysis in the field of child rights, education, the mental health of women and children, and the overall welfare of women.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, the Centre is organising a 10-day Online Certificate Course on Gender Jurisprudence in India.
Objectives of the Course
This course is focused to
- help the participants gain a deeper understanding of the origins and evolution of gender jurisprudence,
- create awareness among learners about the social, cultural, and economic factors leading to the evolution and development of gender jurisprudence,
- introduce students to key writings, concepts, principles, and discourses in gender jurisprudence,
- enable the students to critically examine statutes, judgments, and discourses on law through the feminist lens,
- facilitate informed decisions and deliberations among the students on law
and gender justice in India,
- comprehend the intersectionality within gender jurisprudence with concepts like caste-ism, sexual orientations, economic and social capital, etc, and
- develop a comprehensive understanding of the evolution of gender jurisprudence in India, and globally through deliberations, research work, theory building, and information discrimination.
About the Course
Duration of the Course
The course will be for 10 days.
There will be a 1.5-hours session each day.
Timings- 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM.
22 March 2022 – 31 March 2022
The link for the meeting(s) will be shared to all the registered participants.
GNLU Students – ₹100
Students outside GNLU- ₹200
Other Professionals – ₹500
Participants will be awarded an e-Certificate on successful completion of the course.
Attendance for all ten days is mandatory.
Reading Material (PDF) will be provided to the participants
A test will be conducted on the last day of the course and the certificate will be duly awarded.
- Members of NGOs
- Other stakeholders, working in the field of Gender Rights
For brochure and more details click here.
- National Policy Formulation Competition | KIIT University, School of Law.
- Call for Chapters |Edited Book titled “A Concise Handbook on Law of Corporate Finance in India”
- Inter-University Elocution Competition by NLU Assam.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.