About the Organization
The University of Lucknow was established in 1867 and is one of India’s oldest government-owned higher education institutions. It is affiliated with University Grants Commission (UGC); the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), and Distance Education Council (DEC). The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has been a pioneering legal institution in India. It was founded in 1921 by three instructors. Mr. Jag Mohan Nath Chak was the first Head and Dean, moreover Prof. R.U. Singh was the true architect, who structured teaching and research at the faculty in a methodical manner with considerable fervour and enthusiasm. He served as the Dean of the Faculty of Law until 1956 and established the Faculty of Law, Delhi University in addition to the Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University. He holds the distinction of having authored Nepal’s Constitution. With the efforts of these brilliant minds, the Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has gained immense heights.
The Legal Aid Centre
Legal Aid Centre established at Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is inspired by the determination to promote ‘EQUAL ACCESS TO JUSTICE’, and seeks to promote legal literacy, provide free legal service, create socially responsible citizens, and facilitate access to justice to the marginalized and deprived classes of the society. The workings of the Legal Aid Centre are in collaboration with District Legal Services Authority (DLSA), Lucknow as well as other Social Institutions and NGOs based in Lucknow. The Legal Aid Centre’s awareness activities serve as catalysts for people with minimal legal understanding. Currently, centre is serving under the guidance of Dr. Ashish Kumar Srivastava and has been successful in achieving many of its endeavours.
About the Competition
Legal Aid Centre, at the Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is organizing its Second National Article Writing Competition 2022. In 2019, the centre successfully held its first competition; this year, the centre is taking steps with an aim of creating awareness regarding marital rape and the encompassing difficulties. In an effort to promote the enthusiasm of young students, to come up with fresh ideas and solutions to understand contemporary legal disputes, the broad theme of the competition is reserved to social issue of marital rape in India which surrounds our nation. In advancement of the step taken, Centre is also conducting a survey (https://forms.gle/K7yctMGq6hwzNFuD7) to comprehend the people’s perspectives on the issue.
Student pursuing any undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline, from a recognised University/ College of India.
Marital Rape: An Unaddressed Stigma / वैवा हि क बला त् का र: एक अनसुना कलंक
- Constitutional Safeguards against marital rape
- Status of safeguards for women in Indian society
- There is no registration fee to participate in the competition.
- Students can register themselves by filling the Google Form by clicking on the given link: https://forms.gle/fyfUWGiDM8j37L7h6
- Please maintain due diligence while filling the details. The credentials of the participants will be checked for successful submission.
- The Article must be in either English or Hindi language and the submission shall be in PDF format only.
- Co-authorship is allowed however is subject to a maximum of two authors. Submission of the co-authored article is to be done once only by either of the authors.
- There should not be any form of identification mark (such as the name of the author, name of College or University) on the article. Any form of identification will lead to disqualification.
- The word limit of the article should be 2000-2700 words, excluding footnotes.
- The submission should be original, unpublished, and not under review with any similar platform. The submissions can have 15% plagiarism. If found more than that, the submission shall be rejected. The organisers are very specific about plagiarism as it defeats the spirit of the competition and participants are advised to take care of the same.
- Main Body: Font- Times New Roman (English) or Devanagari (Hindi), Font Size- 12, Line Spacing- 1.5, and Alignment- Justified.
- Footnotes: Font- Time New Roman (English) or Devanagari (Hindi), Font Size- 10, Line Spacing- 1.5, and Alignment- Justified.
- Participants are required to fill the Google Form https://forms.gle/wqKL3K1TW86TbtTB8 with the subject title ‘Topic of Article Submission’.
- Please be diligent while filling in the details. The credentials of the participants will be checked for successful submission.
- The Top 3 articles will be published on Jus Corpus Law Journal and a publication certificate will be provided to the authors.
- The Winner will get a criminal manual at their address.
- Internship Opportunity at Jus Corpus for Top 5 authors.
- E-certificates of participation will be awarded to all participants who submit a valid submission in accordance with the Submission Guidelines outlined above.
A Selection Committee shall be constituted to review all the Articles submitted by the Participants.
The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and binding.
Survey on Marital Rape: https://forms.gle/K7yctMGq6hwzNFuD7
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/fyfUWGiDM8j37L7h
Submission Link: https://forms.gle/wqKL3K1TW86TbtTB8
Last date for Registration : 20th March 2022 (11:59 PM)
Last date for Submission : 30th March 2022 (11:59 PM)
Saurabh Rathore: 8127722768
Ashutosh Verma: 6394628303
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Article Writing Competition | Centre for Corporate Law & Governance, The ICFAI University, Dehradun.
- Young Professionals Programme for Legal Empowerment (YPPLE) | Centre For Social Justice
- Legis Sententia | The official undergraduate blog of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.