ABOUT UPES SCHOOL OF LAW DEHRADUN
UPES, Dehradun, founded in 2003, is one of the top-ranking universities in India which offers multiple courses and specializations. With wide variety of constituent colleges including business, law, engineering and design, the University has expanded over the years. The University has been accredited with grade ‘A’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Government of India in year 2021 and strives to achieve more heights in the coming years.
The School of Law, a wing of UPES, envisions an assemblage of specialist legal professionals, able to contribute to an increasingly diverse field wherein courses involve Energy Law, Corporate Law, Cyber law, Banking, Finances, and Intellectual Property Rights’ specialization. It has been ranked amongst the Top 25 Law Schools of India by the National
Institutional Ranking Framework in 2021.
ABOUT MOOT COURT ASSOCIATION (MCA)
The Moot Court Association (MCA) is a student committee of School of Law entrusted with fostering, administering and facilitating mooting activities and upholding the benchmark of excellence that the university has set for itself.
The goal of the committee is to ensure dynamism in subject matter and delivery of content at every event to match the trends of contemporary circuits in the country. Our primary roles include planning, organizing and executing Internal, National and International Moot Court Competitions, developing future mooters, as well as to inculcate an interest
in mooting in the university.
MCA follows a policy of encouraging participation in booting from all batches, organizes extensive workshops and demonstrations to enable them to learn the process of mooting and arranges for interactive sessions with experienced mooters and litigators from previous batches.
ABOUT DR. PARAS DIWAN MEMORIAL INTERNATIONAL ‘ENERGY LAW’ MOOT COURT COMPETITION
UPES School of Law has been successfully organizing the UPES Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International ‘Energy Law’ Moot Court Competition with an aim of creating opportunities for learning and development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in Energy Law by budding professionals by developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy. The competition has sought to preserve and advance the legacy of Dr. Paras Diwan, an eminent Indian jurist and a stalwart in the field of law.
Since its inception in 2011, the competition has grown by leaps and bounds and went international in 2015 and has furthered the banner of Energy Laws throughout the world.
The competition sees participation from top law schools of India and abroad and is considered one of the most coveted moots of the country.
In the light of the pandemic, the 12th edition will be held virtually this year. The platform for the competition is via virtual conference.
TIMELINE OF THE EVENT
February 28, 2022- Last Date to register provisionally with the organizers.
February 10, 2022- Commencement of Registration
March 14, 2022- Last Date for Registration
March 4, 2022- Last Date for seeking clarifications of Case Record
March 15, 2022- Release of clarifications of Case Record
April 3, 2022- Last Date for Submission of Memorials
April 15, 2022- Inauguration, Orientation & Preliminary Rounds (1 & 2)
April 16, 2022- Oral Rounds- Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals
April 17, 2022- Finals
April 17, 2022- Valediction & Prize Distribution
ELIGIBILITY AND TEAM COMPOSITION
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bona-fide at the time of the competition on a regular basis in an undergraduate law course or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University.
- A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the Competition.
- Each Team shall comprise of three members. Two members of the Team shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as the Researcher.
- Any additional member or Team Coach accompanying a Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the OC.
I. General Rules
- Each Team must register by filling up the Registration Form available in ANNEXURE I of these Rules. Further, each team is required to also fill up the Google form as provided in Rules of the Competition.
- Each Team shall complete such registration on or before March 14, 2022 (11:59P.M. IST).
- A scanned copy of the duly filled Registration Form should be uploaded on the Google form:
- In the event that the team is unable to fill the Google form provided above, they shall notify the details required for the same, by email.
- For national teams, a registration fee of Rs. 1,500/- and For international team, a registration fee of USD 50 is to be paid online by one member of team through the Net banking to:
i. Beneficiary Name: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
ii. Account Number: 011594600000224
iii. IFSC Code: YESB0000115
iv. Branch: Yes Bank Ltd., Ground Floor, 56, Rajpur Road, Dehradun – 248001
v. Swift Code: YESBINBB
- Account details through which payment has been made along with receipt of the online payments shall be filled in google form referred in Rule.
- Once a Team registers by completing the formalities given in Rules ofthe Competition, a code (hereinafter “Team Code”) shall be assigned to the Team on the next day of last date of registration i.e., March 15, 2022.
For The Official Brochure, Case Record, and Rulebook- Click Here
- AAGAAZ 2022 | A Series of Events by CEWCL | IFIM Law School | Register Now!
- 2-days International Conference on Law and Forensic Justice | National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU).
- Online Certificate Course on Company Law | National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.