ISI Kolkata Consultant Recruitment 2021: Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata (ISI Kolkata) invites application for the position Consultant etc. Read details, eligibility criteria mentioned below for the vacancy and eligible candidates can submit their application directly to ISI Kolkata before 14-01-2022.
About the Job:
Indian Statistical Institute invites applications for engaging one Consultant (Legal) on contract basis initially for a period of one year. The performance of the consultant will be reviewed after six months and the contract shall be extended or discontinued (as the case may be) depending on the performance and requirement of the Institute.
Advertisement No. REC-12/2021-6, KOL
- Name of the Post: Consultant (Legal)
- No of Post: 01
- Qualifications :
(i) Degree of L.L.B or equivalent from a recognized university and/or Institute in India or abroad and recognized by the Bar Council of India.
(ii) Qualified to be registered as an advocate in any State Bar Council/Bar Council of India in terms of Advocate’s Act, 1961.
(iii) At least ten years of experience of practicing in a Court of Law or expert in legal matters with having five years of experience of working in Government Department having handled Court Cases.
Knowledge in RTI, Patent and IPR related matters.
Rupees 45,000/- to 55,000/- per month. No other benefit or allowances are admissible.
5. Period of engagement :
The Consultant (Legal) will initially be engaged for a period of one year. The engagement can be extended or curtailed depending on the performance of the Consultant (Legal) or as per requirement of the Institute. He/she would attend office on all working days for at least three hours and should be available for advice/consultation as and when required even on other days /holidays and beyond office hours.
6. Temporary Engagement:
The engagement will be purely on temporary basis and it will confer no right for regularization/permanent appointment in any case.
7. Supervision :
The Consultant (Legal) will work under direct guidance and supervision of the In-Charge, Legal Cell of the Institute.
The maximum age limit for Consultant (Legal) shall be 62 years as on 1 st December 2021.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Leave: Paid leave of absence @1.5 days for each completed month of service. There will be no accumulation of leave beyond a calendar year.
- The Consultant (Legal) will be based in Kolkata.
- The Institute reserves the right to terminate the services of the Consultant (Legal) without any prior notice if the performance is not found to be satisfactory.
- The Consultant (Legal) would be subject to the provisions of Indian Official Secrets Act, 1923 not only during the assignment but thereafter also.
- The Consultant (Legal) are expected to perform the following duties/functions:
- Tender legal opinion on the issues coming before the Institute. Prepare para-wise comments on all OAs, Writ Petitions, SLPs, PILs filed against the Institute and forward to the concerned Standing Counsel after approval of the Competent Authority of the Institute for drafting counter affidavit. He/she should also advise on all the RTI matters pertaining to the Institute.
- Scrutinize the counter affidavit received from the Counsel with reference to the para wise comments.
- Perform such other work of legal nature as may be entrusted to him/her from time to time.
- Maintain a register of pending court cases in the Institute.
- Monitor the pending court cases.
- Vetting of the Contracts/NIT’s or any other document which may have legal implications and MoU’s to be executed by the Institute with other organizations.
- To present before the Court during the hearing.
- Further, the Consultant (Legal) should be in sound health (both physically and mentally), should not be accused in any pending inquiry and should be of impeccable integrity. A certificate from the appropriate authority may be required to be furnished.
- The engagement shall be purely on contract basis. The Consultant (Legal) shall be selected by the Screening- cumSelection Committee constituted by the Institute for this purpose. The decision of the Committee shall be final and binding.
- The Institute holds the right to reject any application without furnishing any reason to the applicant whatsoever. Further, the applicants should submit an affidavit of No Conflict of Interest that their personal interests would not improperly influence their advice/consultancy in the exercise of their duties at Indian Statistical Institute.
Indian citizens meeting the following requirements may apply with the filled in application form which is attached herewith, along with relevant self-attested documents i.e., Age proof, certificates of educational qualifications, Identity proof and Experience Certificate etc. and send it to the email id: [email protected] on or before 14th January, 2022 (Friday). The candidates are advised to upload all the documents in separate pdf files only.
Checkout the Official notification here.
- Legal Job Opportunity at The Jharkhand High Court
- Legal Job Opportunity at Odisha Mining Corporation Limited (OMCL)
- Legal Job Opportunity at Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
|If you are a recruiter and want us to promote the vacancy for a Legal Job or Internship at your Law Firm/ Law Chamber/ NGO/ Company/ Startup, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]|
|Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here|
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.