Name of the Organization: National Commission for Women
About the Organization:
The National Commission for Women (NCW) is the statutory body of the Government of India, generally concerned with advising the government on all policy matters affecting women. It was established on January 31st, 1992 under the provisions of the Indian Constitution, as defined in the 1990 National Commission for Women Act.
The National Commission for Women (NCW) has been set up as a statutory body to further review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards available to women, recommend remedial measures to remove impediments in realizing such goals, facilitate redressal of grievances and advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women. The Commission also organizes workshops/consultations, constitutes expert committees, undertakes studies/make recommendations for economic empowerment of women, conducts workshops/seminars for gender awareness and takes up publicity campaign awareness in the society against such social evils.
Practice Areas/ Area of work: Safeguarding Women’s rights
About the Internship:
NCW decided to engage interns in the National Commission for Women with immediate effect, to effectively disseminate knowledge/information on women related issues and build a pool of trained manpower.
Accordingly, it has been decided to offer following categories of internship:
Scheme A: Unpaid Internship for a period not less than 30 days for 1st-year students of 3-year LLB Course or 3rd-year student of 5 years LLB Course/Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work 1st year
Scheme B: Paid Internship for a period of 60 days: Students of the second year of 3-year LLB Course/4th / 5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB Courses/2nd year Post Graduate Sociology/Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women studies/Gender studies/Students of LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D/Ph.D Scholars
Duration of Internship: 7 months
- For a period of a minimum of 30 days:
- 1st-year students of 3-year LLB Course OR
- 3rd-year student of 5 years LLB Course/Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work 1st year
- For a period of a minimum of 60 days:
- Students of 2nd year of 3-year LLB Course OR
- 4th/5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB Courses OR
- 2nd year Post Graduate Sociology/Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women studies/Gender studies OR
- Students of LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D/Ph.D Scholars.
- Scheme A: First come first serve basis subject to fulfilling the eligibility requirements
- Scheme B: 50% weightage for the percentage obtained during last two years and 50% weightage for the quality of the ‘Statement of Purpose’ uploaded as part of the proforma.
How to Apply?
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.