About National Institute of Social Defence
NISD is a Central Advisory Body for the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. It is a Centre of Excellence for research and training in the field of social defense. Since 1975, the Institute was a subordinate office under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The National Institute of Social Defence has become an Autonomous Body vide Government of India Notification No. 10-3/2000-SD. Vol. II, dated July 15, 2002, and is registered under the Societies Act XXI of 1860 with the Government of NCT, Delhi.
About the NISD Internship
National Institute of Social Defence (NISD) Internship Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/institutions within India as interns. These interns shall be given exposure to various Divisions within NISD.
Objectives of the Internship
- To allow young academic talent to be associated with the NISD’s work for mutual benefit.
- The ‘Interns’ shall have an opportunity to learn about the functions of the different Divisions of the NISD and their programs and policies etc.
- To provide an opportunity for the officers of the Authority to interact with young thinking minds from reputed Institutions, as ideas from budding scholars will prove to be of importance for policy and planning inputs.
- To provide a framework to students by which their educational experience is enhanced and support the work of NISD through practical work assignments.
Bonafide students pursuing/passed out Graduate/Post Graduate Degree or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India from any background but preferably Social Science background i.e. Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Law, etc., of any recognized University/ Institution within India fulfilling the following conditions:
- Students must be pursuing/passed out Graduate/Post Graduate Degree or Research Scholars.
- They must have secured 50% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/post-graduation till the date of application.
Duration & Timings
- Duration: Minimum 4 weeks and maximum 3 months
- Timings: Intern shall be present during the office hours i.e. 9:30 AM to 6 PM, on all working days. For experience, If the Director desires, the intern may travel for field experience.
Note: Interns will be required to have their own laptops. NISD shall provide them working space, internet facility, and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Heads, as per the availability. However, it will not be the right of the intern to claim it.
Selection Process and Other Modalities
- A maximum of 5 interns are taken for internship for each Division.
- The selected candidates may be asked by NISD to submit the hard copy of their Recommendation Letter (RL) from their Head of the Department/Principal by giving sufficient time before issuance of the offer letter by NISD.
- It also has to be indicated in the RL that the student would not be registered for any course requiring his/her attendance in the class during the period of internship. If any discrepancy is found, the candidature of the candidate will be canceled by NISD.
- Interns shall be required to submit a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the Heads of the concerned Divisions of NISD about their learning experience.
- The intern shall not disclose any data of NISD and maintain confidentiality. Violation would be liable for legal action.
- Any publication would require prior permission from NISD.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants shall apply online for the Internship program.
- Applicants must indicate their area of interest.
- A candidate can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
- The applicants who do not fulfill the eligibility conditions, their applications shall be rejected by the Competent Authority.
- The selected applicant has to produce a letter of recommendation from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be canceled. [The format for the LoR has been provided in Annexure-II of the Internship Guidelines]
- Fluency in English or Hindi is desirable for the internship.
Applications received till the 25th of each month shall be allowed for subsequent month/s internships.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.