About the Journal
Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law (JICIL) is a peer-reviewed law journal aimed at understanding the nexus between the laws relating to Intellectual Property Rights, Antitrust and Information or Data, including personally identifiable information. This journal aims to make an effort in identifying the key areas of Intellectual Property and Competition Law that coincide or overlap each other and yet remain complementary.
There is huge scope for application of Intellectual Property and Antitrust Laws in India and therefore, this journal seeks to delve into academic research so a legitimate contribution may be made to the practice and jurisprudence around these laws. Information Era, the codename for the Twenty-First century, is indispensable to the growth and progress of a modern economy, particularly data-based economies.
Further, we may recognize that the basis of Intellectual Property happens to be application of the idea and exclusivity thereon while the object of Competition Law is also based on information, be it in the nature of trade secrets, protected information or through practical tools such as non-disclosure agreements. Information is the key to power in the 21st century and therefore it is important to recognize the same and in support of this theory, this journal extends the scope of examination and inquiry to Information Law.
Call for Editors
The Editorial Board of the Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law (JICIL) is now inviting applications from editors to contribute to the activities of the journal by being a member of the Editorial Board.
How to Apply?
Applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (Not more than 2 pages) (Only pdf format)
- Writing Sample (1000-2000 Words)
Theme of the Writing Sample: The subject of the writing sample must fall within the theme of the journal.
- Applicants are required to send their application at [email protected]
- Applications must be made with the subject of the email as ‘Application for Editorial Position (JICIL)‘.
- The applications must be submitted on or before August 6th, 2021, by 11:59 pm.
- Please go through all the requirements carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The shortlisted applicants would be notified by August 8th, 2021. Please consider your application as rejected if no intimation has been communicated till the same.
- Ms. Vedangini Bisht, Editor-in-chief: [email protected]
- Ms. Srishti Suresh, Deputy Editor-in-chief
- Mr. Prajjwal Kushwaha, Deputy Editor-in-chief
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.