Table of Contents
About The Conference
The Centre for Human Rights, Gender and Social Inclusion (CHRGS) of Faculty of Law, JagranLakecity University Bhopal in collaboration with the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi is organizing annual South Asia conference on March 8 & 9, 2022 titled ‘Pink Heroes Law
This will be an annual conference. While the major stakeholders of the conference will be women, we are conscious of our social responsibility and warmly include third gender as integral stakeholder in PHLC.
CHRGS works with a vision to promote an environment of enriching legal scholarship on human rights, gender studies and social inclusiveness. Being a research and academic arm
of the Faculty of Law, CHRGS has resolved to commemorate International Women’s Day by
promoting women and third gender law academics and scholars through PHLC.
In the Inaugural Edition of PHLC, we aim to bring together women and third gender law professors, scholars and researchers under the age of 40 to showcase their legal research on distinct themes of the conference. While we reserve the participatory rights as paper presentation only for the women and third gender law professors and scholars, we would welcome senior law professors, judges and lawyers from all three genders (third gender, women and men) as panel speakers and key resource persons. We would encourage the participants to present a comparetive perspective modeled on South Asian experiences to add diversity of content and knowledge to the conference.
About Faculty of Law
The Faculty of Law was established in the year 2014 as part of Jagran Lakecity University (JLU), Bhopal, a private university established under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956. JLU Bhopal is one of the fastest growing and one of the most awarded University of Central India having practice-based pedagogy at its core. JLU Bhopal is the only participating university from Central India ERASMUS+ programme under the Tuning India Project, funded by the European Commission and is also currently the country chair for Association of Universities of Asia Pacific (AUAP).
At Faculty of Law, we offer the following programmes
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)- five years course
- BB.A. LL.B. (Hons.)- five years course
- LL.B. – three years course
- LL.M. (One year course) with specialisations in Corporate and Intellectual Property Law; Cyber Law and Cyber Security; Criminal Law and Criminal Justice; Taxation Law
- Ph.D. in Law
About Centre for Human Rights, Gender and Social Inclusion (CHRGS)
Centre for Human Rights, Gender and Social Inclusion (CHRGS) is a research initiative of the Faculty of Law, JLU. The Centre aims to promote research and training on various facets of human rights, gender diversity and distinct issues of social inclusiveness. The Centre also aspires to enrich academic scholarships on the subject of its research endeavours through publications, workshops, dialogues and conferences. The Centre invites collaborations from Government and Non-Government partner agencies to conduct research and programs on the subjects under its mandate of operations. Experienced law professors guide the Centre in its activities and the law students assist them in their research endeavours. The Centre also draws on the energies of the subject matter experts in carrying out various activities. The mission is to develop action oriented legal research, useful database and provide a platform for interdisciplinary dialogue on human right, gender and social inclusiveness.
About The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
The Indian Law Institute [ILI] set up on December 27, 1956, is an International Center for advanced socio-legal research and has done significant work in the field of legal research, education, and training. It has made notable contributions in the legal arena. Besides performing an important advisory role in fostering empirical research and making law as an
instrument of social engineering, it undertakes research on current legal issues.
Themes of the Conference
- Role of Women in Law & Policy Making
- Contribution of Women in Legal Research & Development
- Women at Bar and Bench
- Contribution of Women as Social Entrepreneur
- Women in Legal Entrepreneurship: Breaking the Stereotype
- Women as Pillars of Law Enforcement (Police and related agencies)
- Women as Institution Builders (Legal Education)
Women and third gender law teachers, researchers, lawyers and other women and third
gender scholars in related disciplines of research and training, under 40 years of age.
- All submissions must be made in English language only.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two authors.
- Abstract: The author(s) must submit an abstract of minimum 500 words and maximum 1000 words (including footnotes in both cases) through google form link: https://forms.gle/HznVdoifCMLeroMi7 or before March 2, 2022 (Wednesday).
- Acceptance of abstract shall be communicated by March 5, 2022 (Saturday).
- The selected abstract will only be invited for presentation at PHLC.
- Submission: The manuscript should be original and unpublished work of the author(s) and any form of plagiarism is strictly prohibited. The author(s) has to give a declaration of the originality of the work.
- The UGC Anti-plagiarism guidelines shall be adhered. University Grants Commission (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Education Institutions) Regulations –2017: https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/8864815_UGC-Public-Notice-on-Draft-UGCRegulations,-2017.pdf
- Self-Plagiarism PublicNotice: https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/2284767_self-plagiarism001.pdf
- Author(s) shall solely be responsible for the accuracy of statements, opinion and view presented in the manuscripts.
- Format: All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12, justified and with 1.5 line spacing.
- File name of abstract submission shall adhere to the style ‘First name of author_PHLC
- Footnotes Citation Method: ILI Citation Style (Access at https://www.ili.ac.in/cstyle.pdf)
Electronic submissions must be made in MS Word Format (.doc)/(.docx) only. Submissions
made in any other format shall not be considered.
Indian – INR 750 – Paytm
International – $20 – Through Bank transfer
After acceptance of the Abstract candidate shall register by paying the application fee on
or before March 7, 2022.
Paytm Link and QR Code:
Bank Name: HDFC Bank Ltd.
Branch Name: AURA MALL, BHOPAL, 462039, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA
IFSC Code: HDFC0002486
Account Number: 50100167887838
Note: without payment of registration fee, the candidate shall not be entitled to present the paper at the conference
For more details click here.
- Call for Papers – Volume 1, Issue 1 | Integral Law Review.
- 3rd Gurjeet Singh Memorial National Moot Court Competition | National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam | 25th-27th March 2022
- 9th RMLNLU-Khaitan & Co Conference & Essay Competition on Labour Laws
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.