The IPR Chair is established at Osmania University under the SPRIHA scheme of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. The IPR Chair aims to promote IPR Culture and contribute to IPR research and knowledge. The DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University looks forward to collaborate with academics, researchers and industry to promote effective utilization of IPRs.
In this context, the DPIIT-IPR Chair, Osmania University makes an endeavour to bring together upon a common platform, an analysis of the changing contours in the domain of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) in the current knowledge era, owing to the paradigm shifts in the culture, science and technology, and present it in the form an Edited Book.
The DPIIT-IPR Chair, Osmania University invites Submissions from Professionals, Academicians and Research Scholars for the Edited Book entitled “IPRs in Knowledge Era: Changing Contours” with ISBN. Multi-disciplinary submissions involving discussion of Intellectual Property Rights are also welcome. The objective of the edited book is to inspire and disseminate the work of experts in the field who have extensive experience and competence in their respective professions.
Prof. (Dr.) G. B. Reddy, Professor of Law and Chair Professor of the DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University would be the Editor-in-Chief of the proposed book. Selected submissions would be published by the DPIIT-IPR Chair, Osmania University as Chapters in the edited book with ISBN and it is proposed to launch the Book in an event on coming World IP Day. The author/s of selected chapters would be given a complimentary copy of the book.
Table of Contents
The chapters may relate to any of the following topics:
• Conceptual analysis of IPRs
• Global/International regulation of IPRs
• Comparative study of legal framework IPRs in different jurisdictions
• Rural Innovations and IPRs
• Academics and IPRs
• Copyrights in the Digital form
• Traditional Knowledge
• Traditional Cultural Expressions
• Trade Secrets
• Artificial Intelligence and IPRs
• IP and Startups
• IPR and Competition Law
• IPR and Human Rights
• Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights
• Bio-Resources and IPRs
However, this is not an exhaustive list and author/s may make submissions on any area relating to IPRs in the current context. The author/s may write to us about proposed submissions.
- All submissions must be made in electronic form in Word format (.doc/.docx) only. The submissions shall be mailed to [email protected] with the email subject as ‘OU IPR EDITED BOOK Submission’. Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two persons.
- The word limit for submissions is up to 3000-5000 words exclusive of footnotes along with Abstract of 250 words.
- The submission must be accompanied with a Covering Letter stating the Title of the Manuscript; Name, Designation and Affiliation of the author/authors; and Contact details of the author including email and phone number. The author/s shall mention their particulars only in the Covering Letter and not in the manuscript.
- The author/s shall submit a Declaration along with the submission stating that the manuscript is their original work, is in compliance of the research ethics and it is not published/submitted for consideration in any other publication. The author/s shall also submit a brief about themselves in about 100 words along with their submission.
- Proper citation of the sources used in the manuscript must be indicated in the footnotes.
- The editor may make changes that are necessary to meet requirements of space and format.
- Plagiarism in any form shall result in rejection of the submission, and the decision of the Editorial Board in this matter is final and binding.
- Submissions would be subject double-blind peer review and decision of the Editorial Board on selection and publication of the submissions as chapters in the edited book would be final and would be intimated to author/s within one week after submission.
- The Title of the manuscript should be Times New Roman font, size 14; the Abstract should be Times New Roman font, size 12 italic style; and the body of manuscript should be Times New Roman font, size 12 with 1.5 spacing and justified alignment. The endnotes and references should be in Arial font, size 10 with single spacing.
- The submissions shall adhere to The Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), Fourth Edition 2012. The author/s may refer to the OSCOLA Quick Reference Guide for guidance. The citations shall be in the form of endnotes only, and followed by References, if required.
- There shall be no footnote/citation included in the abstract.
- Footnotes should be numbered in sequential order and References, if any, shall be listed in the end of the manuscript in alphabetical order. The Authors are responsible for the accuracy of the footnotes/references.
Last date for submission of manuscripts is 15-04-2022 and there would be NO EXTENSION.
Early submissions are encouraged to help the editorial process. The author/s may write to us about proposed submissionss.
Contact for Details
Dr. S. B. Md. Irfan Ali Abbas: +91 | 9848885394
Mr. A. Srinivasa Rao: +91 | 8297399898
Mr. B. Nagaraj: +91 | 9700802342
In case of query e-mail at: [email protected]; [email protected]
- National Judgement Writing Competition | Amity Law School, Rajasthan
- National Policy Formulation Competition | KIIT University, School of Law.
- Call for Chapters |Edited Book titled “A Concise Handbook on Law of Corporate Finance in India”
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.