About the Organization
Uttaranchal University, one of the leading educational hubs is constituted with the merger of professional institutes of Sushila Devi Centre for Professional Studies & Research Society, namely Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal Institute of Technology and Uttaranchal Institute of Management.
Law College Dehradun, as a flagship institution of Uttaranchal University under the aegis of Sushila Devi Centre for Professional Studies and Research was established in the year 2002, as the first independent Law College of Uttarakhand. The college was the visionary project of Shri Jitendra Joshi, then chairman of the college and present Chancellor of the Uttaranchal University along with his plenipotentiaries from across the academic spectrum.Law College Dehradun inhabiting more than 1800 students on its roll is in fact, reflective of Indian Diaspora as its composition resonates the voices of almost all the states of India. The college as a lex matrix and an institutional paragon provides complete legal education under the single roof which includes five year B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) and B.B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. & Doctoral programme in law. Moreover, our Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies constantly focuses on fostering inquisitive spirit and platonic- cum-epistemological quest among our post graduate students as well as research scholars.
About the Essay Competition
The initiative of organizing this competition started in 2018 with a motive to make the students think about the recent advancements in Constitutional Law and then pen them down using their own knowledge either analytically or critically. The competition also provides and exposure to the students by giving them an opportunity to receive their awards from some eminent legal luminaries. With student research oriented approach, this competition aims to make people aware about various constitutional provisions that requires some deliberation. The competition does not restrict the students to any particular topic and allows them, to think in all dimensions and pen down their thoughts regarding the recent or contemporary constitutional issues.
The competition aims to deliberate the contemporary developments in law with special emphasis on The Constitution of India and Its Reverberation. It aims to take the views of the legal minds on the below theme.
CONSTITUTIONAL MANDATE ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
The participants may choose any Contemporary Topic Related to Constitutional Law.
- Good Governance
- Rule of Law
- Constitutionalism in Administrative matter
- Comparison of constitutional provisions relating to good governance ‘
- Application and Non-Application of principles of Natural justice in governance
- Co-authorship is not permitted
- Essays should be:
- Not exceeding 2,500 words (excluding footnotes)
- In English
- Times New Roman with Font size 12 for the body of the Essay and Times New Roman with Font size 10 for footnotes.
- Footnoting Format shall be as provided by Indian law Institute. (ILI standard footnoting style).
- A soft copy of the Essay shall be submitted at Click here by 11:59 PM latest by 10th April, 2022, along with author’s name(s) and contact number(s).
- Hard Copy of Certificates will be provided to all participants.
- Last date for registration: 30th March, 2022
- Last date for submission: 10th April, 2022
- Click here for Students of Law college Dehradun Faculty of Uttaranchal may Register.
- Click here for Other students.
- Click here for Essay Submission.
- For Internal Participants:-INR 150
- For External Participants:- INR 200
Awards and Certificates
- 1st Prize: INR 5,100 and Certificate
- 2nd Prize: INR 3,100 and Certificate
- 3rd Prize: INR 2,100 and Certificate
- Winners will be awarded Hard copy of certificates
- Hard Copy of Certificate of merit will be awarded to the top 10 winners.
- Hard Copy of Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
- Kartik Bhardwaj: 9816057639
- Jayesh Srivastava: 7091819676
- Call for Papers | Supremo Amicus | Submit by 3rd April
- 1st Offline MUN Conference | ILNU MUN Committee | Cash Prize worth 90k | Register Now!
- 3rd National Moot Court Competition | Noida International University | 28th to 30th July, 2022.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.