About American Journal of International Law (AJIL)
The American Journal of International Law (AJIL) is a leading peer-reviewed journal, published quarterly since 1907. It features articles, essays, editorial comments, current developments, and book reviews by pre-eminent scholars and practitioners from around the world addressing developments in public and private international law and foreign relations law. The Journal also contains analyses of decisions by national and international courts and tribunals as well as a section on contemporary U.S. practice in international law. AJIL, and its online companion, AJIL Unbound, are indispensable for all professionals working in international law, economics, trade, and foreign affairs.
About the Paper
The American Journal of International Law (AJIL) is soliciting papers for an Agora symposium to be published in the October 2022 issue of the Journal. The title of symposium is “The War in Ukraine and the Future of the International Legal Order.” Submissions can address a wide range of legal issues using various methodologies, including doctrinal, historical, critical, institutional, and/or normative. However, all submissions should focus on the war’s implications for international law and international institutions going forward, not simply on past decisions or actions. Contributions could, for example, focus on:
- the prohibition on the use of force, including in Article 2.4 of the UN Charter;
- international economic measures;
- the challenges and opportunities that the war creates for international criminal law, including the International Criminal Court;
- issues relating to migration, human rights, or humanitarian law;
- changes in geopolitical competition and power that may result from the war, and the significance of those changes for international law; or
- challenges to or the implications for international institutions, including the UN Security Council, NATO, the EU, or other regional organizations.
Papers should not exceed 5,000 words, inclusive of footnotes. The deadline for submissions is June 20, 2022. Submitted papers should be emailed to email@example.com.
The selection of papers will be based on importance, novelty, and quality of analysis. We seek to publish papers on a variety of topics from a diverse set of authors. Submissions should conform to AJIL’s style manual, which can be found here.
- Call for Papers by American Journal of International Law
- IP Fiesta | UPES, Dehradun | April 26-27 | Prizes worth 75k | Register by April 22
- Call for Papers by GLS (Gujarat Law Society) Law Journal | GLSLJ Vol 4 Issue 2 | Submit by Dec 31
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.