ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
Nurtured by the visionary ideas of Dr. S.B. Mujumdar, Chancellor (Symbiosis International University) on the principles of vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’, Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Nagpur was established inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in education. Being a constituent of Symbiosis International University, Pune, Symbiosis Law School, NAGPUR is strategically located in the potential education hub of Maharashtra thereby offering multitude of opportunities for the budding lawyers. Harping on the rich legacy of both Bar and Bench, SLS Nagpur promises to be one of the finest destinations for imparting legal education in central India.
SLS, Nagpur offers two integrated undergraduate Five years law courses in Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (B.A. LL.B) and Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws (B.B.A. LL.B) and One year Masters of Law (LL.M) programme with specialization in Business and Corporate Law and Criminal and Security Law to cater to diverse needs of the legal profession. These are imparted through well qualified, experienced and enthusiastic faculty, techno-driven research culture, Internationalization, centres of excellence, training and skill enhancement programmes, moot courts etc. The curricular enrichment is ensured with the involvement of judges, eminent lawyers, International jurists, academicians, industry experts etc. and best practices are reflected in teaching-learning pedagogy. SLS, Nagpur under the leadership of Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Dari, believes in holistic development of nascent legal minds and ensures learning beyond classroom by planning field visits and workshops in collaboration with various stake holder and NGOs. It provides conducive and competitive learning
environment by encouraging students to take part in national and International competitions. It is committed to contribute to the justice mission of the state by initiating pro-bono activities to help poor and marginalized people through community lawyering, legal aid camps and permanent legal aid clinics. Further, it endeavours to create value conscious skilled lawyers with par excellence serving dynamic needs of the community through Bar and Bench.
ABOUT MAHARASHTRA STATE BIODIVERSITY BOARD
Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board, a statutory autonomous body (established on 2nd January 2012) under section 22(i) of Biological Diversity Act, 2002 is in existence since 2nd January 2012. It is mandated to conserve biological diversity and secure its sustainable management. Equitable distribution of benefits due to access of biological resources is to be shared with the protectors of biodiversity. This Access Benefit Sharing (ABS) involves diverse stakeholders. Under the inspiring guidance of Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra State Shri Uddhavji Balasaheb Thackeray; Board is committed to secure effective implementation of Biological Diversity Act’2002. Eco restoration of biodiversity by 2030 is the immediate mandate
of the Board. The state has 28649 operational Biodiversity Management Committees (BMCs) covering all Village Panchayats and Municipal Councils/ Municipal Corporations. Consultation with stakeholders becomes essential prerequisite to facilitate conflict resolution in the existing ABS stalemate scenario. Synergy among stakeholders is sure to restore and stabilize
declining biological diversity of the State. Guidance of Chairman, National Biodiversity Authority Dr. V.B. Mathur and Chairman of Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board Dr. S.H Patil impelled Member Secretary, Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board Shri Praveen Srivastava to collaborate with Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur to organize Moot court. The theme focusing on Access Benefit Sharing to secure distributive justice between users and protectors of biological diversity shall ignite young legal minds to pave way for sustainable solution to this contentious issue.
ABOUT MOOT COURT ASSOCIATION
Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur constituted Moot Court Association (MCA) to provide practical education to the students of law. Since then MCA has been instrumental in organizing various activities and events to promote mooting skills amongst students and has encouraged them to participate in National and International Moot Court Competitions. In pursuance of this
goal, SLS, Nagpur is organizing second Virtual National Moot Court Competition of the year in collaboration with Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board, Nagpur.
• Students pursuing undergraduate law course (3-year programme/5-year programme) from the institutions all over the country are welcome to submit their registration forms.
• The teams are requested to send an e-copy of the registration form to [email protected]
• The link of the registration form is mentioned in the Rules of National Moot Court Competition in rule no. 3.1.1.
• The teams are requested to remember the important dates and to follow the deadlines meticulously.
FEES AND PAYMENT
• Registration fee is Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only inclusive of GST), to be paid after the selection of the memorial.
• Registration fee is to be paid by wire transfer only.
• The scanned copy of the receipt of wire transfer must be submitted by email to: [email protected] by 29/11/2021.
- Release of Moot Proposition & Commencement of Registration – 04/10/2021
Last Date of Provisional Registration – 15/11/2021
Last Date for seeking Clarifications – 16/11/2021
Last Date for Withdrawal – 17/11/2021
Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy)- 20/11/2021
Result of the Memorial Round (Top 10 Teams) – 24/11/2021 Last Date for Completing
Registration Process – 29/11/2021
Date of the Competition – 03/12/2021 to 05/12/2021
• The team that scores the highest in the Final Round shall be declared the “Winners” and shall be awarded a prize and a certificate of merit.
• The other team that qualifies to the Final Round shall be declared the “Runners up” and shall be awarded a prize and a certificate of merit.
• Best Speaker shall be determined on the basis of the highest average marks obtained in the preliminary round, and shall be awarded a prize and a certificate of merit.
• Best Memorial shall be determined on the basis of the highest marks obtained in the memorial round, and shall be awarded a prize and a certificate of merit.
• Every participating team member shall be awarded ‘Certificate of Participation’.
• No ‘Certificate of Participation’ shall be granted to those teams who have not qualified the memorial round.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.