About Fidus Law Chambers
Fidus Law Chambers offers litigation, advisory, filing, prosecution and enforcement services in intellectual property, technology, advertising and trade secrets matters across a broad spectrum of industries. Founded in 2008, Fidus has been lauded by clients for its cutting-edge litigation expertise, strategic foresight and out of the box creativity. Identified by the India Business Law Journal as a “Rising Star” law firm, Fidus has been consistently ranked among the top tier firms in India by World Trademark Review, IAM Magazine and Managing IP magazine. Its founder is recognized as an IP Star by Managing IP Magazine and ranked among the Whos Who of Trademark Lawyers and Whos Who of Patent Lawyers. In a decade of its existence Fidus has grown into a 40-member firm with well-rounded experts across varying levels of seniority. Today Fidus represents at least 25 of the top 100 global brands and manages trademark portfolios across the region of South Asia as also provide strategic advise on IP protection and enforcement in the region. Fidus uses cutting edge data security measures as also top of its class docketing and portfolio management systems. Its members are creative problem solvers and are repeatedly commended for their responsiveness and ‘professionalism with a personal approach’. Fidus has had a stellar track record in successfully initiating, managing and concluding complex IP litigations, often with multi-jurisdictional implications. Fidus is proud to be associated with CIPAM (a division of the Department of Industrial Policy Promotion of the Government of India) in taking IP to classrooms and its members regularly volunteer their time to teach children finer nuances of IP. Members of the firm also conduct judicial, police and customs trainings. The firm is also proud to partner with i-Probono to provide pro-bono and low-bono IP advice to deserving entities and organizations. Fidus is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity.
This is a position for a senior associate in the litigation team at the firm.
- At least 3 – 4 years’ of extensive IP litigation experience at a notable IP law firm is mandatory. Candidates who do not fulfil this requirement will not be considered.
- Need to be a team player who can train and manage associates in the team.
- Strong English language (spoken and written) skills are a must.
- Need to be able to independently manage the complete lifecycle of an IP lawsuit (familiarity with the commercial side practice of the Delhi High Court is a must)
Roles of the Associate
- Crafting client strategy and interfacing with the client.
- Drafting and filing the lawsuit.
- Appearing in minor hearings.
- Drafting and filing responsive pleadings.
- Briefing a senior.
- Familiarity with trial procedures (prior trial experience will be a bonus).
Pay will be commensurate with industry standards.
How to Apply
Candidates from a minority background will be prioritized (the term minority includes sexual and caste minorities as also neuro-divergent and disabled candidates).
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.