About S.MAJUMDAR & CO.
S.MAJUMDAR & CO. is a full-service Intellectual Property Law firm having offices in five cities. This job application is for a vacancy at our New Delhi Office. It is seeking an Associate with 5 to 7 years PQE to join our Litigation team whose career goal is to focus on Intellectual Property Litigation.
Excellent written and spoken command of English language is essential.
Admission with Bar Council is mandatory. Kindly indicate your enrolment ID and status of AIBE in your cover letter.
A firm experience managing litigation in Intellectual Property disputes is highly advantageous and would be given preference. Experience in managing suits under the Commercial Courts Act is desirable. Knowledge of Civil Procedure is mandatory. Practitioners with prior Intellectual Property experience would be preferred.
Experience and competency with basic programs is essential.
We are looking for persons with a career orientation in Intellectual Property practice. And thus, applicants with long term goals in IP sector would be given preference.
To be ready to deliver high quality work; ability to work as part of a team spread out in different cities; to analyse and think strategically about cases; to solve problems; to share your knowledge and inputs with the colleagues and clients and to do all this with a smile.
The role includes carrying out the following functions:
- advising on all kinds of intellectual property disputes, including preliminary analysis and long-term expectations from a case;
- attending to and managing day to day issues before the Courts, including, administrative hearings before the IPO and Appellate Board;
- drafting pleadings, applications and replies thereto for ongoing and fresh matters, including, preparation of plaint, written statements, interlocutory applications, replies, etc;
- briefing Senior Advocates for urgent reliefs in a time-bound manner;
- conducting legal research to develop arguments to be presented before the Bench;
- case law analysis for opinion writing and guiding the direction of the proceedings;
- participating in the enforcement of intellectual property rights;
- contributing to the Firm’s blog;
- conducting legal research;
- working with the Firm’s team of IP professionals;
- developing and putting in place IP protection strategies for clients;
- reporting to the senior management all relevant and material developments in the practice and client relationships.
Industry standard / Competitive (Kindly indicate your expectation in your cover letter.)
How to Apply?
The candidates are encouraged to provide a Cover Letter along with their CVs indicating their past experience and how they are a good fit for this vacancy. Please keep your cover letter to a maximum of one page.
To Apply,click on the below button
Please also note that the candidate will be required to work full-time at our New Delhi Office. Selected Applicant from other cities would have to relocate at his/her expense.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.