About the Job
Studios’ legal department based in Mumbai is looking for a talented attorney to support its rapidly evolving and expanding original programming slate in India. This position will help support the development and production of original content for Amazon’s scripted television series, unscripted television series and motion pictures.
Key Responsibilities May Include
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating a high volume of agreements for scripted series, unscripted series and movies projects, including rights and format option/purchase and acquisition agreements, key above-the-line agreements such as writer, producer, director and performer agreements, documentary and reality participant and access agreements, first look and overall agreements, production services
- Reviewing chain-of-title and evaluating and resolving complex rights issues.
- Reviewing content for copyright, trademark, and legal risk related to claims of defamation, rights of publicity and privacy.
- Managing production legal compliance review including regulatory, privacy, tax incentives, guild, labor and employment, public policy, safety and immigration issues.
- Partnering with cross-department stakeholders including creative, business affairs, production, marketing, publicity and other teams to advise on risks and issues involving a wide range of legal areas.
- Assisting with the development of forms, processes and policies.
- LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a top tier university in India.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience as a lawyer, with several years of experience with a studio, production company, or an entertainment and media law firm in television development, production, marketing and strong skills in drafting and negotiating complex contracts.
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also a desire to be challenged and think outside the box
- Excellent language capability including the ability to communicate orally and to draft legal documents in English.
- A team player and consensus builder with great people skills who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
- Outstanding legal and business judgment especially in ambiguous situations.
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
- In-house experience in the media space with a reputed MNC.
- Knowledge / experience in policy issues
How to Apply?
To apply, click on the link below
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.