Table of Contents
LegalPay is India’s premier finance and asset management firm focused on laws. It is a leading provider of litigation finance, and debt resolution. They excel in providing tailored dispute financing solutions, making us the top choice for all your legal and litigation financing requirements.
About the Vacancy
Assistant Manager or Manager Legal [Litigation, Enforcement and Execution]
LegalPay is looking for a lawyer at Assistant Manager or Manager level to join their legal team. In this role, you will assist in all company’s legal transactions, partnerships, and projects. Your principal goal will be to ensure that all company’s transactions comply with applicable laws and regulations, while actively helping our company avoid possible legal risks and violations.
You will also consult and lead all legal processes related to case management, litigations, any legal actions, debt resolution, and recovery, such as:
- Debt management services: Build and manage resolution/recovery infrastructure for client portfolios.
- Resolution: Monitor the recovery and resolution curve over time and make necessary changes as needed, create standardized resolution schemes that can be offered in a range of portfolios for different industries, (including but not limited to lending and other industries).
- Legal/Recovery: Standardize the legal/litigation/recovery/and related processes, use of right and optimum legal options at the right stage, monitor legal notices, litigations, and other steps, TATs at each stage, automate movement on the steps to be taken, separation of low probability accounts that can be offloaded to specialized recovery agents on a variable fee model, developing onboarding process, managing legal and other partners involved (local lawyers, field agents, etc.), performance parameters and management of the partners.
- Project and Portfolio Management and Execution: Work closely with the Growth and Legal Team, set up protocols, workflows, and operationalization of legal steps, TAT, etc. The necessary system is built for recovery/legal and resolution.
- Process and System Capability Building & Cost Optimization: Process creation for each client and project, as well as usage of necessary and available tools and technology is integral to all functions and you will play an important & and active role in creating the process and system capability & build in your functional areas. Create & and meet costs/budgets for your functions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in law, having a minimum of 5 years of experience in civil and criminal litigation, arbitrations, insolvency, cheque bounce, debt recovery, civil recovery, execution, enforcement, attachment, MSME facilitation council, and such related experience in the resolution and recovery domains.
- Minimum 1-2 years of functional and hands-on experience in an Asset Reconstruction Company, legal team, and role.
- Knowledge and experience in civil and debt recovery, criminal, insolvency, execution, and attachment proceedings for banks and non-banking finance companies.
- Filing and handling legal matters in various courts including, civil courts, high courts, criminal courts, S. 138 courts, arbitration tribunals, NCLT/NCLAT, High Court, etc.
- Monitoring the outsourced agencies and partner network to manage the legal activities in portfolios and projects.
- Handling and management of technology and tools litigation management software, and such other solutions as per needs.
- Rendering legal advisory on product and regulatory issues.
- We are providing legal advice to other department(s), as and when sought.
- Drafting, vetting, and negotiation of credit, collections, vendor, partner, and securitization-related documentation for projects and portfolios.
- 360-degree litigation management.
- Ability to break down complex legal problems and provide solutions. Innovative strategy creation per client, project, and portfolio, and such abilities are non-negotiable.
- Outstanding negotiation and communication skills, drafting, litigation experience for civil and debt recovery, criminal cases, insolvency, arbitration, execution, enforcement, attachment, MSME facilitation council (and related fields of law for recovery) with sharp attention to detail.
Gurgaon [On site]
How to Apply?
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.