Table of Contents
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
The Contracts Support Associate will support the Asia L&H Contracts team with drafting of traditional L&H reinsurance contracts – contracts based on standard templates, amendments to existing contracts and updating systems.
About The Role
- Provide solutions to Client Managers (CM) and other functional partners in review and drafting of L&H reinsurance contracts, amendments and other contractual documents.
- Develop, coordinate and communicate efficiently Swiss Re’s position on contract wording issues with partners and clients.
- Maintain and update Swiss Re tools and systems. Provide status updates to Client Markets team in each market.
- Promote standard methodology in contract content and ensure consistency of Swiss Re’s wording position across all L&H lines of business.
- Provide overview and status reports to global and local management.
- Support Contracts Specialists and Support Associates in the Asia team, as the need arises.
- Participate in global projects, as the need arises.
- Legal training or law degree; comparable professional experience also seriously considered and professional designations a plus.
- Relevant professional experience of 1-2 years in a law firm, drafting and reviewing legal contracts within any industry, preference will be given to financial services and (re)insurance industry.
- Sound understanding of legal agreements and contract law.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Strong communication, problem solving, client focused and a standout colleague.
- Open to build (re)insurance business knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and meet turn-around time expectations across multiple markets.
- Attention to details and ability to work efficiently with minimal direction.
- Confidence to engage fearlessly, with (external) clients and (internal) business partners.
- Should be able to support Asia timings (start at 8:00 AM India time).
Mindset Or Personality Traits
- Ownership mentality – treats the efficient and effective use of Swiss Re L&H Contract’s function’s resources with personal responsibility and takes ownership of learning.
- Prefers to work independently without constant handholding.
- Innovative, creative and innovative personality with business knowledge, strong results orientation and a pragmatic approach to the resolution of contract wording issues.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet expectations of business partners.
- Problem solver who is conclusive and exhibits a ‘can-do’ mind set.
- Fully embodies the Swiss Re values, have a keen sense of (personal) continuous improvement and learning and promotes diversity of thought.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability and encouraging others through passion and dedication to the strategic goals of the function.
- Ability to provide and seek constructive feedback.
- Structured approach to work, strong work ethic and attention to details.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided (Click Here)
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.