About MNLU Mumbai
MNLU Mumbai is one of the premier National Law universities located in the economic capital of India. It offers graduate, post-graduate, and research degrees in law and allied disciplines. The object of the university is to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of the law and legal processes and their role in national development, to serve society in the field of law by developing skills in regard to advocacy, legal services, legislation, law reforms, and the like; to organize lectures, seminars, symposia and conferences to promote efficient instruments of social development. MNLU Mumbai has set up a Centre for Research in IP among thirteen centers for legal research and has also been given IPR Chair by the Department for the Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT).
Background of the Course
India is one of the fastest emerging economies and has the largest scientific and technical human resources among the top five countries in the world. However, we lag very much in terms of the generation of IPRs and creating global impact in new technology development and global branding. This is also evident by our poor ranking in Global Innovation Index. Major reasons for India’s dismal performance in IPR can be attributed to lack of IP awareness, an inadequate number of IP professionals/well-trained IPR manpower, and lack of facilities for quality education and training in IPRs. Intellectual property has a unique structure and many intellectual challenges. However, intellectual property law also needs to be understood in the light of relevant areas.
Students in this program, throughout their studies, will learn to master the challenges of this discipline within their broader context of law, legal practice, and business. The course reflects the challenges of contemporary intellectual property law and practice allowing students to specialize in narrow areas of the industry. This Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights provides coverage of all substantive intellectual property regimes. The course will be designed and taught in close collaboration between leading academics and practitioners.
- To provide quality education and hands-on training on all intellectual property rights i.e., Patents, designs, trademarks, copyrights, geographical indications, etc.
- To develop an ability to analyze technical-legal decisions related to intellectual property through oral and written communication, presentation of legal discussions, and education and professional training.
- To develop the capability to file various kinds of IPs and render advice to clients.
- To impart the most advanced comprehensive knowledge in IPRs so that successful students can confidently work or start their businesses as IP experts/teachers/executives /consultants or researchers.
Duration of the Course
- The proposed course will be a full-time, non-residential type post-Graduate diploma program in Intellectual Property Rights involving blended learning.
- The duration of the course will be one year after Graduation. It is intended to begin the course from February 2022.
- The course shall comprise 2 Semesters with 7 papers (including one Research Project) with each paper of 3 credits (Research paper 2 credits) i.e., 45 hours teaching, out of which a few hours will be kept aside for reading, assignments, evaluation, and project work.
- Any graduate of any discipline, from a recognized University, can seek admission in this course.
- There will be no age bar for admission to the course.
- The course will be open for all persons from anywhere in India or abroad, having the above qualification, and may include students, professionals from various public and private industry sectors, academic personnel, legal professionals, Government officials, persons from the R & D sector, media personnel, etc.
The Course structure and paper-wise distribution of curriculum shall be as under:
As mentioned above, each paper will be of 3 credits (Research paper 2 credits) each
DIPR 01- Introduction to IPRs
DIPR 02- International IPR Regime
DIPR 03- Patent System and Procedures
DIPR 04- Trademark System and Procedures
DIPR 05- Copyright and Designs System and Procedures
DIPR 06- Geographical indicators, other IP-related Laws
DIPR 07- Research Project
Account Name: Centre for Research in IP MNLU Mumbai
Account No.: 921010003206778
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Branch: Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai 400076
IFSC Code: UTIB0000246 (zero zero zero zero two four six)
No. of Seats: 60
Medium of instruction: English
Rs. 10,000/- for students
Rs. 15,000/- for professionals
(Convocation fee will be charged separately as per the University Rules)
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION: 10/01/2022
For Registration- Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.