Parichay works with lawyers and paralegals to assist them through the appeals process. We also engage in documentation and research to generate greater understanding of citizenship laws in India. Our core areas of work are drafting appeals for filing before the Foreigners’ Tribunals, documentation of the NRC exercise, research into broader questions of human rights and conducting training sessions for lawyers, paralegals and students. In pursuance of our work, we invite applications for internship with the Clinic.
About the Internship
Interns will primarily assist with the following tasks:
1) Interpreting and translating interviews, and documents, exhibits and extracts of case files from Assamese/Bengali to English and vice versa.
2) Conducting research on case laws and legal questions revolving around citizenship, human rights or constitutional law, for any litigation that Parichay may assist with.
Applicants should meet the two following conditions of eligibility:
1) Must possess written and oral communication skills in Assamese/Bengali.
2) Be a student enrolled in any law course – 5-year LL.B. degree/ 3-year LL.B. degree / LL.M. students.
Four Months. 3-5 hours per week for a minimum duration of four (4) months, extendable thereafter at the preference of the Intern.
Mode of the Internship
Online. Limited offline internship slots with location being Gauhati, Assam may be available for the month of June/July subject to circumstances closer to the period.
1) Fill in this form with your personal details, CV and a statement of purpose of less than 500 words.
2) Applicants will subsequently be contacted for undergoing a language translation test followed by an interview.
June 15, 2022
For more information about the Clinic, please visit https://www.parichay.org.in
For queries, please email us at email@example.com
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.