Table of Contents
About the Event
- The Chair on Consumer Law is organizing the 3rd edition of the Online Certificate Course on Consumer Law and Practice under the aegis of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India from August 22-23, 2022. The Course is planned to deliberate upon the new developments in the field of Consumer Law including the new Consumer Protection Act, 2019, enforcement experience especially the working of the consumer regulator i.e. Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA), provisions related to product liability, mediation and several other mechanisms provided under the new law which appear promising for protection of consumer interests, challenges arising out of new age economy.
- The role of other laws and regulatory bodies like FSSAI, CCI, TRAI, SEBI, IRDAI etc. in protecting consumer interests is also needed to be understood. It is critical to have a synergy between consumer law education and its actual application in consumer fora. With this in mind, one of the course’s themes has been designed to deliberate practical aspects of consumer law.
- The resource persons for the Certificate Course would comprise of renowned academics and professionals from leading Universities, policymakers, regulators, and practitioners of consumer law besides representatives of think tanks & VCOs working in this branch of law.
About the Chair
- The Chair on Consumer Law had been established at the National Law University, Delhi by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India in the year 2019 to act as a Think Tank for Research and Policy related issues on Consumer Law & Practice.
- The Chair also periodically organizes legal aid and awareness camps, as part of its community outreach initiatives.
- The Chair also offers short duration Certificate Courses in Consumer Law & Practice to build the capacities of professionals, the Chair conducts research in the area of consumer law & policy and provides inputs to policymakers.
- The Chair reviews draft legislations and rules in this area and provide its comments.
About the Theme for the Course
Tentative Themes to be covered during the Certificate Course:
- Salient Features of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019
- Role and Working of CCPA
- Role of Mediation in Redressal Mechanism: Case Studies
- Consumer Protection under Sectoral Laws
- Health Care Sector & Consumer Protection: New Developments
- Food Safety Law & Consumer Protection
- Insurance Sector & Consumer Protection
- Landmark Decisions: Case Studies
- New Age Challenges: Issues & Concerns
- Consumer Protection under Competition Law
- Emerging Global Trends
- Consumer Law: Practice and Procedure
- Consumer Protection: Way Forward
Duration of the Programme
02 Days (August 22-23, 2022)
Who can attend
Faculty Members, Research Scholars, Advocates, PG/ Graduate/ Under Graduate Students, Consumer Rights Activists/ NGOs/ VCOs
Rs 2000 (Rupees Two Thousand Only) (Non-Refundable)
To apply for the programme, please – make the payment on:
Then, fill out the google form:
- The Course has limited seats. Registration on a “first come first served” basis.
- P.S.- the screenshot of the payment made is to be uploaded in the above google form.
In case of any queries, please contact:
Dr. Sushila Associate Professor (Law), National Law University Delhi (NLUD); Research Director, Centre for Study of Consumer Law & Policy, NLUD; and Project Director, Chair on Consumer Law, NLUD E-mail: [email protected]; [email protected]
Shashwat Shukla : (Mob.: 6388601453);
Karina Chawla : (Mob.:9560839558);
Yogita Singh : (Mob.: 9350846055)
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.