About Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
Hidayatullah National Law University was established under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act, (No. 10 of 2003). In such a short span of time, HNLU has carved out a niche in the realm of legal education across India and the legacy is soaring towards newer heights day by day.
Named after the great legal luminary Justice Mohammed Hidayatullah, the University was established by the Government of Chhattisgarh under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act (Act No.10 of 2003).
HNLU is the sixth in the series of National Law Schools across India. HNLU has been included in the list of the Universities maintained by the University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to receive Central assistance in terms of the rules framed under Section 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956. The university is recognized by the Bar Council of India under section 7 of the Advocates Act 1961.
About the Conclave
The Internship and Recruitment Committee of HNLU along with the Alumni Affairs Committee and ALMA MATTERS has mapped out a series of online training/workshop/panel discussion/lecture/sessions for the months of August 2022 & September 2022 for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of HNLU and other Universities/Institutions.
The Conclave is aimed at channelizing the inherent potential of the students and the institutional presence of HNLU to provide a strong career outlet to the students. The Conclave consists of a series of lectures from professionals across the vivid spectrum of law, entrepreneurship, and public policy amongst others.
Purpose of the Conclave
- The Career Development Conclave aims at bringing the stakeholders together for unfolding the career prospect for the students and to give insight into the profession by the practitioners and industry leaders.
- For around two months starting from Mid-August 2022, the University will host illustrious and accomplished professionals to share their experiences which would equip the students to meet the challenges of the industry.
- Career Development needs to be holistic and to meet the industry requirement after graduating from Law school. The Conclave invites experts to share the traits of their profession and presents an opportunity for the students to get acquainted with the nuances of the legal industry.
- In a world that has moved beyond the nomenclature of the ordinary, the defining moment for understanding this change lies in coalescing the past and the future.
- After establishing the stepping-stone with a vision to bridge the gap between the alumni, legal community, and the institution – the next step is to put the play into practice. This is to be achieved through a sustained effort to build bridges between the institution and the alumni/legal community.
- The plethora of options that a law student can avail on graduation brings forth the tenacity to be indecisive.
- The Career Development Conclave will perform with the cloak of a mediating force that will provide guidance on different career pathways inter alia – litigation, corporate law, judiciary, civil services, higher studies, and public policy.
- The force behind all these careers is a multidimensional understanding of the nuances that plate their gold – a well-curated CV, contextual understanding of personal ambitions, networking with an aim to secure recommendations, etc.
- The Career Development Conclave will seek to amend the forces of indecisiveness to establish coherency, order, and a definitive value for student careers.
Who can Attend?
Students, professionals, practitioners, researchers, and others in the field of law & allied fields are welcome to participate.
All registered participants will get an e-certificate on the basis of attendance in all the sessions of the conclave.
Timeline of the Sessions
- Higher Education (Abroad): 6 August, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM or 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Civil Services: 7 August, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Academia- NET/SET/Ph.D.: 13 August, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM or 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Judiciary: 14 August, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Bank PO / Law Officer: 20 August, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM or 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- CLAT (PG) / PSU: 21 August or 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Entrepreneurs/Start-ups: 27 August, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM or 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Public Policy: 28 August, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Trade Analyst: 3 September, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM or 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- CV Building: 4 September, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Litigation: 10 September, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM or 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Law Firm: 11 September, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Mental Well-Being and Legal Fraternity: 17 September, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Companies/Legal Counsel: 18 September, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM or 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Legal Journalism: 24 September, 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
In case of queries, please contact Dr. Ankit Awasthi, Coordinator – +91 73552 35075 or [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.