About the University
Uttaranchal University has at its core a commitment towards the diffusion of legal, scientific, technical, and professional knowledge on one hand and on the other the building up of the character of youth by integrating ethics with education and practice with theory. Uttaranchal University can boast of being an institution par excellence in offering a prodigious student life with access to comprehensive academic courses, recreational facilities, cultural activities, a wide range of research endeavors, and industry interface. The University is complemented by the pioneering efforts of more than a decade in legal education, engineering and management which has won us a place among the premier institutes of learning in the nation.
Law College Dehradun
Law College Dehradun has splendidly contributed to legal education in the country since its inception and inauguration by His Excellency Shri Surjeet Singh Barnala, the then Governor of Uttarakhand in 2002. It has set a paradigm for legal education in the nation by offering innovative, research-driven discourses that are aimed at striking a balance between legal theory and practice. With scholarly and experience-rich faculty, the college commands an enviable position of being in the league of topmost Law Schools of the country.
Youth Parliament Society
Transcendence and continuity, hierarchy and collectivism, the characteristic elements of our thousand-year-old ‘tradition’, are the fundamentals of our socio-political psyche. Youth Parliament Society of the college is an innovative platform to hone the public speaking and argumentative skills of the students by discussing matters that concern the youth of our nation.
Niti शास्त्र – National Policy Making Competition
The Youth Parliament Society, Law College Dehradun Faculty of Uttaranchal University is conducting an online National Policy Making Competition for participants pursuing their degrees at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. The event shall be focused to bring together the youths from all the educational institutions of India on a platform where they will make and recommend policies through their thoughts of change. Here there is a freedom to make any policy they deem fit for solving the problems and concerns of Country. This competition seeks write ups from the participants by introducing a new law or policy, or of the amendment to any existing law or policy. Participants for Policymaking can choose to amend any existing law or introduce any new law or policy in the ambit of these areas only – Labour Law, Constitution, Criminal Law, Cyber Law, Humanitarian Law and Family law. After the written submissions the top 10 selected candidates will qualify for the next round i.e., ‘Quater Final Round which will be a Paper Presentation round’ wherein a brief of the paper will be delivered by the participant so that a clear picture of the paper is delivered to the judges.
All students who are pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses from any recognized universities are eligible to participate.
NOTE: This is a national event and students from PAN India can participate.
- All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as Policy Submission– National Policy Making Competition.
- The submission must be an original work of the author(s) and has not been published previously anywhere.
- The participants must also send a cover letter with details including the name of the author, institution, year of study, and the title of the submission.
- The submission should not have the name of the author mentioned, failure of this will lead to disqualification.
- One submission shall have a maximum of two authors only.
- The submission should be a minimum of 1500 words. The word count is exclusive of footnotes.
- Citations should be included as footnotes in the submission.
- Any standard form of citation is permitted. (Bluebook 20th ed/ OSCOLA/ ILI)
- The body of the submission must be in Times New Roman, font size – 12, and with 1.5 line spacing.
- The main text of the submission should be Justified.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size – 10, single line spacing.
- The submission must be sent in the document format of MS Word.
- The competition shall follow a strict plagiarism policy that means only up to 20% of plagiarism is allowed. All the submissions will be vetted with relevant turnitin software. Any submission not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
- The submission not adhering to the requirements above, may be rejected, after due consideration by the Organizers. The final decision by the organizers will be binding.
1ST PRIZE – RS. 2000
2ND PRIZE – RS.1500
3RD PRIZE – RS. 500
TOP 5 PARTICIPANTS WILL BE AWARDED WITH THE CERTIFICATE OF MERIT.
TOP 10 PARTICIPANTS WILL BE AWARDED WITH THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE AWARDED WITH THE CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION.
NOTE: AS THIS EVENT IS A VIRTUAL EVENT, THEREFORE, WE WILL BE PROVIDING E-CERTIFICATE
- All the participants are required to fill the registration form.
- The Registration fee for the event is Rupees 150/- (One fifty rupees).
- Payment Details:
UPI Id: uttranch61315@barodampay OR https://tinyurl.com/4ekasr94
- The registration will start on 2nd September, 2021.
- The last date for filing up the registration forms shall be 15th September, 2021.
Submission of the Draft Bill: -The last date for submission of your Draft Bill shall be 1st October 2021.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://tinyurl.com/YPSNPMC
- The results will be declared on 15th October, 2021 (Tentative)
- Results will be made by the adjudicating committee. The adjudicating committee shall comprise of members of the faculty of Law College Dehradun on the discretion of Chief Patron and Chairperson of the society.
- For official notification click here .
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.