Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU) was established by act 16 of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in 2016. HPNLU has been proactive in taking initiatives that help to enhance the academic potential of the learners.
About National Human Rights Commission
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India was established on 12 October 1993. The statute under which it was established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993, amended by the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Act, 2006.
About the Competition
The 3rd edition of the HPNLU National Moot Court Competition, 2022, in association with the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) shall be conducted in offline mode. This flagship event has been devised with the aim of creating an opportunity for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in constitutional law and human rights besides armouring the upcoming generations of the legal fraternity with research and oratory skills.
The moot proposition of the competition will be based majorly on constitutional law and human rights. However, the participants will be expected to explore different dimensions of law and not just restrict themselves to one area of law.
Format of the Competition
- The Competition will be conducted offline and the venue for the same would be Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla.
- This edition’s problem will revolve around contemporary and developing aspects of Constitutional Law, Human Rights Law and other integrated aspects of the law.
- The Competition will have the following rounds: Round I, i.e. Memorial Qualifier Round and Round II, i.e. Oral Rounds, consisting of Preliminary Rounds (Two), Quarter Finals, Semi-finals, and the Finals.
- No more than one team will be allowed to represent any Law School, College, or Institution. Please note that a total of 32 teams from different institutions will be participating in the Oral Rounds.
Important Dates (Tentative)
- Commencement of Provisional Registration – August 25, 20222
- Release of Brochure, Rulebook, Proposition and Commencement of Registrations for Round-I – September 13, 2022
- Last date for Registrations and Payment for Round-I – September 30, 2022
- Last date to seek Clarifications – September 30, 2022
- Release of Clarifications – October 3, 2022
- Deadline for Memorial Submission – October 10, 2022
- Declaration of Results for Round-I (Memorial Qualifier Round) – October 15, 2022
- Last date for Registration & payment for Round- II (Oral Rounds) – October 20, 2022
- Oral Rounds and Researcher’s Test – October 28-30, 2022
Awards and Rewards
- Team Awards:
- Winners: Cash Prize of Rs. 40,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Runner Up: Cash Prize of Rs. 30,000 +Certificate of Excellence
- Best Memorial (Applicant): Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Memorial (Respondent): Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Individual Awards
- Best Orator (Male): Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Orator (Female): Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Researcher: Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Initial Registration Fees for Round I – INR 1000/-
- Final Payment by teams qualifying for Round II (Memorial Round) – INR 4000/-
How to Register?
- All interested may show their interest by registering for the pre-invite for the competition by filling in the google form provided at the end of this post.
- To confirm their Round I registration, teams must fill out the registration form and make an initial payment of the fees as mentioned.
- The teams that qualify for the memorial round, thereby advancing to the oral rounds shall be required to make a final payment of the fees as mentioned.
In case of any queries, please contact: [email protected] OR Ms.Ankita on +91 95606 94126.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.