NLSIU Bangalore is organizing a two-day National Conference on the theme of Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction: A Legal Mandate along with Symbiosis Law School, Pune and CMR School of Legal Studies, Bengaluru.
Table of Contents
The National Law School of India University is a public law school and a National Law University located in Bangalore, Karnataka.
About the Conference
The conference is being organized under the aegis of the Chair on Urban Poor and the Law instituted by a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and NLSIU.
Themes for Papers and Videos
- Land, Property and Governance;
- Health, Poverty & Social Inclusion;
- Case Studies of Slum Development Boards.
Themes for Video Making
- Urban poor, migration and resettlement;
- Impact of health and mental well-being of people affected by forced eviction; or
- On any of the indicated themes/sub-themes as given above.
- Note: The maximum length of the video should be 20 minutes and minimum 15 minutes.
- Representatives of Government and Regulatory Bodies.
- Lawyers, Legal Professionals, Consultants, Practitioners.
- Academicians, Students, Research Scholars from the disciplines of Law, Finance, Business Management, Commerce, and Public Policy.
- Members of Research Institutes, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSO).
- Representatives from Companies or other Institutions.
How to Register?
Interested candidates must register through the link provided towards the end of the post.
- Observer Participant: INR 750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty only)
- Single Author: INR 750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty only)
- For Participating in Video Making Competition: INR 750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty only)
- Two/Co-Authors: INR 1,500/- (Rupees Fifteen Hundred only)
- Dates – December 15-16, 2022
- Mode – Virtual Mode (Zoom Online)
- Venue – Virtual Space
- Last date for submission of Registration & Submission of Abstract: November 20, 2022
- Last date to complete registration and make final payment: November 20, 2022
- Last date for submission of videos: November 28, 2022
- Submission of full-length Essays/Articles: December 31, 2022
In case of any queries, please contact [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.