Chandigarh University is organizing a Cyber Law Moot Court Competition from November 3 to 5, 2022.
About Chandigarh University
Chandigarh University (CU) is a leading Indian Institution offering its students a unique amalgamation of professional and academic excellence. The University has been accredited with the prestigious A+ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Chandigarh University has become Youngest and the only private university in India to bag an A+ grade in the first cycle of the accreditation process and has also become the only state private university of Punjab to be accredited by NAAC. Also, ranked among Asia’s best and fastest-growing universities, CU has coupled the experience of top industry leaders and renowned academicians to foster a global approach.
About the Competition
The Chandigarh University Vidhigya National Moot Court Competition, 2022 is being organized with an intention to give a new experience of learning and development to the budding lawyers in the field of law practice, research, writing and advocacy by granting them an exposure at the national level.
Aims and Objectives of the Competition
- The aim is to provide the participants with an opportunity to enhance their knowledge of the emerging trends of Cyber Law along with honing communication skills which is one of the important attributes of a good lawyer.
- The Competition shall not only enable the student to grow in the field but will also be an endeavour to develop professionalism.
- The valuable feedback from the learned Academicians, Professional Lawyers and Honorable Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts will provide participants with golden points to be used in the profession as an advocate as well as a judge.
- It further aims to facilitate the participants to analyze Cyber Law in relation to the emerging laws in the era of globalization.
The competition is open for students who are studying law (three years or integrated five-year course) during the current academic year.
How to Register?
- The teams must get provisional registration by sending an email at [email protected] with the Subject- REQUEST OF PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION BY [Your Institution Name].
- In the body, one must provide requisite details with contact details also.
- After receiving a request for provisional registration team will get an acknowledgement E-mail, requesting payment of the registration fee with a link to the final registration form.
- After Making Payment teams have to send their payment details by ibid mail. After verification of payment teams will get the final acknowledgement of Registration.
- Participants will have to send Payment details with Registration Cum Approval Letter at vidhigya2022.uils[at]gmail.com
- INR 300 per team
- Payment Details: University Instute of legal studies; Bank name: HDFC bank Ltd.; Account number: 50100078636045; IFSC code : HDFC0000798
Awards and Rewards
- Winning team – Rs. 31000/-
- Runner-up team – Rs. 21000/-
- Best Memorial – Rs. 11000/-
- Best Student Speaker – Rs. 11000/-
- Best Researcher- Rs. 11000/-
- In addition to the above awards, plaques and certificates are given to other categories of winners all participants will be awarded participation certificates.
- Release of Moot Problem: 25th August, 2022
- Last Date of Provisional registration: 15th October, 2022
- Last Date of Registration: 23rd October, 2022
- Last date for seeking clarification on the moot problem: 25th October, 2022
- Last Date of Submission of soft copy (.pdf) memorials: 31st October, 2022
- Researcher’s Test: 3rd November, 2022
- Preliminary Rounds and Quarter Final: 4th November, 2022
- Semi-Finals Round & Finals Round: 5th November, 2022
The University Institute of Legal Studies, Chandigarh University; Address: NH-05, Ludhiana Chandigarh State Highway, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Punjab 140413.
In case of any queries, please contact [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.