About the Company: Sarin & Co. was established in 1932 in Lahore, Pakistan. After partition of India, Mr. Harbans Lal Sarin, Senior Advocate and founder of the Firm had to shift his practice to Shimla. With the inauguration of Chandigarh which was Pt. Nehru’s vision for a modern India, Mr. Sarin and the Firm shifted base to Chandigarh.
The Firm specializes in litigation and is best known for its civil law practice as it has produced some of the brightest legal luminaries in India. A little-known fact is that till 1966 Delhi had a Circuit Bench of the High Court of Punjab till the Delhi High Court Act was enacted.
The Firm established its aviation practice in 2008 and has become one of the fastest growing law firms specializing in aviation finance, aviation regulatory services as well as litigation in India. The Firm prides itself on truth, honestly and integrity which trumps outcome and speed.
Vacancy for: Associate
Location: New Delhi
Number of Vacancies: 1
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be a team builder with a keen willingness to see the Firm achieve higher levels of success.
- Provide advice on law, legal / regulatory procedures, and a wide range of associated issues to our clients. This will, inter alia, include drawing up / reviewing contracts, other legal documents and representing clients in tribunals and in Courts where required.
- Developing relationships with clients including gaining a good knowledge of the client’s businesses, economic drivers, market, and sector requirements in order to ensure the advice offered is relevant and commercially sound.
- Be a brand ambassador of the Firm and respect Partners, team members, and clients alike and in doing so earn the respect of the Firm, team members and clients.
- To be able to demonstrate that they are able to work remotely without significant supervision and have developed a particular strength and reputation in their current work area.
- Successfully run projects that involve other people in the Firm.
- A qualified Advocate with an absolute fluency in English, both in writing and in speech and excellent academic credentials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and other such similar tools.
- Relevant experience preferably within a professional services firm including litigation experience at various tribunals including and not limited to the National Company Law Tribunal and the Customs Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal.
- Relevant experience in tax matters, specifically international tax matters and issues.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send their detailed CV to [email protected]. The final date for submission of CV’s is 15th January 2022. The Firm will intimate short listed candidates thereafter and schedule interviews at a mutually convenient time.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.