About Marwadi University
Marwadi University was established under the Gujarat Universities Act (Act 9 of 2016) on 9th May 2016. Marwadi Education Foundation’s Group of Institutions is among the 4% Indian Institutions accredited with NAAC A+ Grade, and home to 10000+ students from 51 countries enrolled in 50+ diversifified programme in Science, Commerce, and Humanities. Spread across 52+ acres of campus, we have more than 500+ educators, including 110+ PhD degree holders. Marwadi University has received more than 12 awards and recognitions for its quality of education, organic infrastructure, academic excellence, and leadership. Recently, a historic day had been marked for the university as it was awarded Center of Excellence (CoE), as declared by the Government of Gujarat.
About Faculty of Law
Faculty of Law, Marwadi University, India, was established in the year 2018, to disseminate legal knowledge and providing quality legal education towards obtaining and fulfifilling the Five-Year Integrated Programme in Bachelor of Law – BA LLB (Hons) or as a choice BCom LLB (Hons) additionally, also curriculum in Master of Law (LLM) as well as Doctorate in Law (PhD) as part of Quality Research Programme. The Institute understands the need to have a holistic education, to prepare students as lawyers of the future. To achieve this, a teaching methodology is adopted where we have indigenously developed a 360-Degree Education Model. This structured programme ensures that every student acquires the necessary soft skills and professional attributes that would give them the required fifillip in their careers.
The Institute regularly organises expert lecture, where academic and industry experts demonstrate their experiences of working in the legal fifield which undoubtedly provides a grand learning platform to the students. In addition to strengthening their analytical skills, the Institute also offer sessions to sharpen their communication skills, personality development, attitude assessment, etc. that are aimed at Skill Development.
The courses at our Law Program include 8 credit-based compulsory internships; each at the end of every semester preparing students for future and assuring minimal gap between theory and practical concerns.
Recognising the diverse needs of students from various countries, there is a dedicated Mentorship Programme to facilitate them in every way possible. Hence, students are put through a phase-wise learning model, so that they have a high grade of employability in the market where they can rise up the echelons with the right attitude, aptitude, and domain-specific knowledge.
Marwadi University, Faculty of Law, has been listed as one of the Top Law Schools of India by Forbes India in the Legal Powerlist 2020 – a proud feat for the University and the State of Gujarat. The ‘Top Law Schools’ category of the Forbes India- Legal Powerlist 2020 recognises the Law Schools that are most efficaciously training students to be zealous Lawyers and outstanding professionals.
The Law Faculty takes pride in being part of The Erasmus Plus Projects on Climate Change Policy and Law & International Law on Forced Migration in lieu of devising Masters’ Curriculum; the Projects funded by the grant of European Union amounting to INR 1.5 Crore. The Faculty of Law is one of the only two Law Institutes all over the country, to receive such a grant.
About 1st State Level Judgement Writing Competition
On November 19, 2015, the Government of India issued a gazette notification designating November 26 as Constitution Day. As a result, the Legal Aid Cell of Marwadi University’s Faculty of Law will host the 1st State Level Judgement Writing Competition on November 26, 2022, to acknowledge the contribution of the framers of the Constitution, to develop a judicial mind, and to promote the spirit of the rule of law and justice.
Objectives of the Competition
- To sharpen the reasoning ability of the students by critically examine and discourse on the Indian Constitution.
- To encourage students to interpret the law in a justififiable manner with a view to meeting ends of justice and to reimagine and question the contestant the judgement delivered by the Supreme Court.
The following terms shall have the corresponding meanings unless otherwise specified:
- ‘Competition’ shall refer to ‘THE 1st STATE LEVEL JUDGEMENT WRITING COMPETITION, 2022’
- ‘Competition Problem’ shall refer to the facts and issues released by the organizers of the Competition with its clarififications and corrections.
- ‘Competition Rules’ shall refer to the offificial rules of the Competition as may be amended from time to time.
- ‘Organizing Committee’ is Legal Aid Society, Faculty of Law, Marwadi University.
- ‘Offificial Email’ shall refer to email@example.com.
II. GENERAL RULES
- All students pursuing 3 year LLB programme or 5 year integrated law programme or L.L.M course from any recognized university or college in the State of Gujarat, India shall be eligible to participate.
- A student will be considered eligible to participate only if the registration is completed on or before 23rd November, 2022 (24:00 Hours IST).
- Student are required to complete the registration on or before 23rd November, 2022 (24:00 Hours IST).
- Registration link
- The nominal registration fee of Rs. 300 would be charged (this includes participation kits, lunch, high tea, etc.).
2.3 IMPORTANT DATES
- Release of Notification : 16th November, 2022.
- Last Date of Registration : 23rd November 2022, 11:59 PM.
- Competition : 26th November 2022, 3PM- 4PM.
- Release of Results : 27th November 2022.
- The judgement writing competition will be conducted offline mode.
- Time duration for the competition is 1 Hour. No extra time will be provided.
- Release of the judgment 1 Hour 30 Minutes before the Competition.
- The number of participants from each college is limited to 15 students.
- Each participant should carry college identity proof.
- If there is a tie, the winner will be determined based on the time they took to submit the judgement.
- The details regarding the submission of judgment writing will be shared with you after you complete your registration process.
- 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 3,000+ Certifificate of merit.
- 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 2,000+ Certifificate of merit.
- 3rd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1,000+ Certifificate of merit.
- All the participants will get the Certifificate of Participation.
DR RHISHIKESH DAVE, Dean, Faculty of Law, Marwadi University
MS SWATI VISHAN, Assistant Professor, Marwadi University
MR ANAND JOSHI
MR NIDHI LATHIGARA
Official E-mail Id- firstname.lastname@example.org
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.