About Novo Nordisk:
Novo Nordisk is a leading global healthcare company, founded in 1923 and headquartered in Denmark. Their purpose is to drive change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic diseases such as obesity and rare blood and endocrine disorders. They do so by pioneering scientific breakthroughs, expanding access to their medicines, and working to prevent and ultimately cure disease. Novo Nordisk employs about 49,300 people in 80 countries and markets its products in around 170 countries.
Novo Nordisk is a Denmark based multinational with leadership in diabetes. Novo Nordisk India affiliate office is located in Bangalore & has more than 1200 people working across the country in various functions. The position reports directly to the Senior Director, Legal, Compliance & Quality.
About The Job:
Business Unit- Legal and Compliance.
Does your motivation come from challenges and working in a dynamic environment? Is your ambition to create visible results? Are you enthusiastic about understanding the business and bringing attention to key business challenges? Then they might have the right position for you. Apply now with your latest profile and you may be their new Associate Manager for their Legal and Compliance Business Unit based at Bengaluru.
Provide Legal advisory services and manage legal and contractual risks in compliance with Business Ethics.
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Assistance in managing the legal affairs: Conduct legal research, advise on routine legal questions using legal sources including statutes, recorded judicial decisions, articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes. Review of ongoing cases, where needed. Liaise with various authorities to aid and resolve any criminal complaints, enquiries and investigations and appear before the statutory and judicial authorities whenever required. Provide and interpret legal information to conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to relevant employees. Prepare brief for Opinions, liaising with external lawyers and seeking opinions / advise.
- Regular update on Pharma law, Competition Law, and other Regulatory compliance: Interpretation and implementation of pharma law requirements and assisting in regulatory issues. Competition law compliance. Impact assessment on company business, current business partners and compliance of response plan. Advise on applicable critical regulations such as Drugs & Cosmetics Act, Magic remedies Act, Environment Protection Act, Bio Medical Waste Rules, FCPA, UK Anti-Bribery Act, Sunshine Act etc. Monitor statutory developments with respect to Pharma industry and ensure compliance.
- Manage legal documents & contracts: Ensure an effective system for archiving legal documents. Ensure effective contract management, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts. Review, update and finalize various recurring contract templates. Review and draft notices, responses to the statutory authorities. Ensure use of latest global templates of various types of contracts and its customisation as per local requirements.
- Others/ Miscellaneous: Modification/amendment/drafting of policies related to Local Beccafico-ordinate with external consultant for legal & compliance issues. Monitor, track & update changes in the recent labour & other statutory legislations.
- Purpose and subject of interaction with internal/ external customers and key contacts: Ensure and maintain Customer focus and engage internal and external contacts by demonstrating the importance of complying with relevant laws and Novo Nordisk policies.
- Graduate degree field in Law (LLB).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the law field.
- Self – managed, strong personal drive and the ability to motivate colleagues towards delivering excellent performance and results including continuous improvement.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with stakeholders, both internal and external at all levels.
20, October 2022
To submit your application, please upload your CV and motivational letter online (click on Apply and follow the instructions).
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.