Table of Contents
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER:
JECRC University, Jaipur, Rajasthan is one of the Premier Universities of North India, established under The JECRC University Act, 2012 of the Government of Rajasthan. JECRC University had started the School of Law in 2017 with the approval of the Bar Council of India. We at JECRC University aim to provide a platform for young students to understand the inter-dependence of today’s world and its myriad challenges and opportunities.
We believe that the objective of modern education should be to create world citizens with the right moral and ethical values, tolerance, discipline, commitment, compassion, and sensitivity. JECRC’s School of Law was the first law school in Rajasthan to start the drift towards a national level Virtual Moot Court Competition for the young law aspirants while defeating the constraints of the Pandemic.
In our last edition we witnessed the nationwide participation of more than 25 teams coming from top Law Schools of India including NLUs and other Private Institutions. Cash Prizes worth Rs. 50,000/- were awarded to the winner’s along with certificates and trophies. The Moot Preposition was based on IPR and all the rounds were adjudicated by the IPR Attorney’s. Justice Dinesh Maheshwari, Sitting Judge ,Supreme Court of India, Justice Pushpendra Singh Bhati ,Sitting Judge ,Rajasthan High Court were the guest of inaugural ceremony and Justice A.K Sikari, Judge, International Commercial Court, Singapore and Justice Sharad Sharma ,Judge, Uttarakhand High Court were the guest of Valedictory ceremony.
Thus, with greater zeal and enthusiasm, we have come up with our III JECRC Uttam Devi Mohanlal Khatuwaala Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2022 wherein, the proposition is related to the Criminal Laws and the participation cap is 40 teams.
- Release of Proposition, Rules and Commencement of Registration: July 04, 2022.
- Last Date for seeking Clarifications: July 15, 2022.
- Release of Clarifications: July 20, 2022.
- Last Date for Registration: July 25, 2021.
- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Softcopy): August 1, 2022.
- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Hardcopy): August 5, 2022
- Memorial Exchange and Draw of Lots: August 12, 2022.
- Oral Rounds: 13th to 16th August, 2022.
Students of three-year or five-year integrated law degree courses from any University/Law School/College/Department are eligible to participate in the Competition. However, a maximum of one Team shall be allowed to participate from any one University/Law School/College/Department.
- Each Team shall consist only of three members, comprising two speakers and one researcher.
- Any alteration of the names of the team members shall be informed through writing email to [email protected] .
- Once the Competition commences, the team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances whatsoever. The inability of any team member to participate in accordance with the rules of this Competition shall lead to immediate disqualification of the Team from the Competition.
No Registration Charges.
1. The teams interested in participating are required to confirm their participation by filling up the registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdtBUjYvsLHf2nwYgDNf0rYp9k9im22_2aqLMnIaNKwE8Mj0A/viewform?usp=sf_link
2. The last date of final registration and payment is July 25th, 2022.
3. On receipt of the registration form, the Team shall be formally registered as a participant for the event, and a team code shall be generated. A confirmatory e-mail, together with the team code, shall be sent. Thereafter, all the registered teams shall identify and refer themselves using the allotted team code only for all further correspondence with the organizing committee.
REWARDS AND PRIZES:
- Winning Team Award – The Winning Team will receive a prize worth Rs. 21,000/.
- First Runner-Up Team Award -The first runners-up Team will receive a prize worth Rs. 11,000/.
- Best Student Advocate/Counsel – The Best Student Advocate/Counsel will receive a prize worth Rs. 5,100/-.
- First Runner-Up Student Advocate/Counsel – The first runners-up Student will receive a prize worth Rs. 3100/-.
- Best Memorial– The Team submitting the best memorial will receive a prize worth Rs. 5,100/-.
- Best Researcher – The Best Researcher will receive a prize worth Rs. 3,100/-.
- First Runner-Up Researcher – The First Runners-Up Researcher will receive a prize worth Rs. 3100/-.
- Certificate of Participation-To all the participants.
Moot Court Committee
School of Law, JECRC University, Plot No IS -2036 to 2039, Ramchandrapura Industrial Area, Vidhani, Jaipur – 303 905 (Rajasthan), India
Email ID: [email protected]
Ms Mahima Kaushik(+7895073317)
Convener, JECRC Moot Court Committee
Ms Heena Meena(+9672696088)
Co-Convener, JECRC Moot Court Committee
Aditi Gupta (+8290807182)
Harshil Munjal (+9571206065)
Shivam Ahuja (+8675283087)
For Brochure, Click Here
For Moot Proposition, Click Here
For Rule Book, Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.