Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU) was established under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act, (No. 10 of 2003). It is recognized by the University Grants Commission u/s 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956 and also by the Bar Council of India u/s 7 (1) of the Advocates Act, 1961. HNLU is the first National Level Institute established in the new State of Chhattisgarh in the year 2003 and the sixth Law University in the country. HNLU has been ranked 5th in India Today Ranking 2021 and 51-100 on crisis management during COVID by the World’s Universities with Real Impact (WURI) Ranking 2021 and 201-300 among the innovative and emerging Universities by WURI and is set to scale new benchmarks in the years to come.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra, Acting Chief Justice, High Court of Chhattisgarh is the Chancellor of the University.
Prof. (Dr.) V. C. Vivekanandan, former MHRD Chair Professor of IP Law at NALSAR University and also former Dean of the Rajiv Gandhi School of Law, IIT Kharagpur and School of Law, Bennett University is the Vice-Chancellor of the University. Prof. (Dr.) Uday Shankar is the Registrar of the University.
Hidayatullah National Law University Raipur in collaboration with Taxmann Publications is organizing a two-day National Conference on “Calibrating Corporate Governance in New Economy” on 30-31 October 2021. Corporations play a significant role in shaping and improving economic outcomes through their strategic decision-making in the global market. Such decisions impact domestic and international business in varying degrees, hence the role of these transnational entities assume a significant role in world trade. National divergences in the context of socio-economic development and regulatory mechanisms produce different types of domestic patterns in terms of forms and functioning of business organizations. Even so, Corporate Governance standards and procedures are considered indispensable for economic growth and social development across the world. The Companies Act, 2013 and its latest amendments together with the connected regulatory reforms have broken through a new era of Corporate Governance in India.
In this backdrop, the present conference is intended to provide a platform to discuss and deliberate the theme in detail during the technical sessions followed by the Round Table Discussions being chaired by Partners of reputed firms, academicians, and other key professionals.
1. Bring together Academicians, Judges, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, and Students of law & allied disciplines.
2. Single platform for deliberation and discussion of emerging trends in Corporate Governance.
3. Explore avenues for research and analysis on the expanding domain of corporate governance and management.
4. Promote sharing and dissemination of viable ideas to ensure robust and significant output.
5. Publish comprehensive literature of contemporary relevance on the topic.
Theories of Corporate Governance for Contemporary Relevance:
1. Corporate Governance and Shareholder Activism
2. Financial and non-financial reporting Framework & Rules
3. Corporate Social Justice & Role of NCLT/NCLAT
4. Corporate Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
5. Board and Management’s Responsibility Framework
6. Corporate Governance in Banks and Financial Institutions
7. Mutual Funds and Corporate Governance
8. Corporate Frauds and Investor Protection
9. Re-inventing Local Self Government Institutions through Corporate Governance Standards
10. Papers are invited on any of the following sub-themes:
11. The interface of Corporate Governance and Tax Deduction/Avoidance
12. Corporate Governance, Competition Law and Business Strategies
These sub-themes are only suggestive and are not exhaustive. Papers that are not covered under the above-mentioned sub-themes yet holding relevance in the thrust area may also be submitted.
Call for Papers
1. Papers are invited from the Academicians, Judicial Officers, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, Students of law, commerce and management, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes given above.
2. The Selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book by Taxmann Publications with ISBN.
3. One-year free Taxmann Database on Tax & Corporate Laws subscription to the First, Second and Third Best-Paper Awardees.
1. Submission of Abstract: September 28, 2021
2. Intimation of Abstract Acceptance: September 30, 2021
3. Submission of Full Paper along with Registration fee: October 20, 2021
4. Date of Conference: 30-31 October 2021
1. For Academicians and Professionals: INR 1200 (For Co-authors INR 2000)
2. For Research Scholars: INR 700 (For Co-authors INR 1000)
3. For Students: INR 500 (For Co-authors INR 700)
Note: Co-authorship of up to two co-authors is allowed. In case co-authors are from two different heads mentioned above respective registration fees shall be paid individually. Registration Fee is payable only after the acceptance of Abstract.
Account Holder’s Name: Registrar, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Bank Name: IDBI Bank
Account No.: 1188102000000806
IFSC Code: IBKL0001188
MICR Code: 492259503
Branch Name – HNLU Campus Branch, Uparwara, Naya Raipur
Account Type – Current A/C
1. The abstract of 200 – 300 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her email ID, contact number, designation, and official address.
2. The word limit for full paper along with abstract is 3000 – 5000 words (excluding footnotes) submitted in MS Word Format.
3. It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5-line spacing.
4. Plagiarized papers shall be summarily rejected by the committee.
5. For references and bibliography, author(s) are required to follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
Abstract of the paper should reach the Secretary of the Conference on or before September 28, 2021 through the following link: Click Here
Full paper along with the abstract and registration fee must reach on or before October 20, 2021, through the following link- Click Here.
For official information click here.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.