About the Organization
The Court of Directors of the East India Company sent a despatch in July, 1854 to the Governor-General of India in Council, suggesting the establishment of the Universities of Calcutta, Madras and Bombay.
In pursuance of that despatch, the University of Calcutta was founded on JANUARY 24, 1857.
The University adopted in the first instance, the pattern of the University of London and gradually introduced modifications in its constitution.
‘The Muses’, is the official online bi-annual publication, written and edited by the students of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta, which chronicles all activities under the aegis of the institution and paints a picture of the yearly endeavours of this institute and its students.
This publication provides a platform for the students to exhibit their creative, scientific, literary, academic prowess. In this edition, the committee is accepting submissions from all.
All submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The magazine will accept opinion pieces, prose, poems, travelogues, essays, book and film reviews, and articles.
- Please mention your name, semester, and institutional affiliation in the submission mail.
- The subject of the mail should be ‘Submission for The Muses: 4th Edition’.
Who can Submit?
The Magazine is accepting submissions from all. Including individuals not enrolled as students of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta.
- Should be submitted in a pdf and an editable word format.
- Word limit: 5000 words.
- The magazine allows up to three co-authors.
- The magazine will only accept submissions in English.
- Citations should be hyperlinked.
Types of Submissions
- Fiction: Stories, Poems
- Non-fiction: Articles, Essays, Opinion Pieces, Travelogues, Book and Film Reviews.
- Photographs, paintings/digital art: Should be submitted in a jpeg format, in the highest resolution possible.
*All those contributors whose pieces will be published in the magazine will get an e-Certificate of Publication.
February 1, 2022
Any and all queries should be addressed to dolcu.themuses[at]gmail.com
Ahana Bag (Joint Secretary): 8240157690
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.