About GIL Student Law Review
GIL Student Law Review (GSLR) is the flagship journal of the Geeta Institute of Law (GIL), affiliated with Kurukshetra University. The journal is an annual, double-blind peer-reviewed, and edited journal that aims to promote the most original and scholarly work in the field of law. The boundaries of the journal are not confined to a specific discipline of law; rather it intends to touch upon all contemporary areas of legal discourse including the national and international arena.
Note: Being a new journal, it is in process of getting an ISSN number.
Theme for Volume I
GSLR invites well-researched, quality contributions with the cherished object to enhance the knowledge quotient and at the same time initiate intellectual dialogue and debate yielding fruitful results. There is no specific theme. The authors are welcome to contribute to the area of contemporary issues.
Types of Submissions
GSLR is accepting submissions from the students of law and Ph.D. scholars in the following categories:
• Long Articles (6000-8000, inclusive of footnotes)
Contributors in this category are intended to extensively engage with a particular legal issue of contemporary relevance while recognizing the lacunae and providing possible suggestions.
• Essays/Short Articles (3000-5000, inclusive of footnotes)
This category targets the precise analysis of a legal problem that poses serious reconsideration in the present social scenario.
• Case and Legislative Comments (1500-2500, inclusive of footnotes)
Authors are intended to present a critical approach to the contemporary legal pronouncements and legislative actions.
General Guidelines for Submission
• Long and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words.
• There can be a maximum of two authors in one submission.
• All manuscripts must be submitted in the English language only. • The research paper must be the original and unpublished work of the author(s). • The manuscript must be typewritten. The font should be Times New Roman,
font size 12, line spacing 1.5, and justified alignment (except the title and ‘abstract’ caption which should be centrally aligned).
• Citation format: ILI Rules of Footnoting must be adhered to. The footnotes must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0, and justified alignment.
• All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
• Plagiarism above 10 % shall attract immediate disqualification.
Procedure of submission
• All the submissions must be sent in .doc format through electronic mode only by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Submission for “GIL Student Law Review” on or before 4th June 2022.
• All the contributors are also required to submit a cover letter containing the following information:
1. Name of the author (s)
2. Designation of the author (s)
3. Affiliation of the author (s)
4. Contact number
5. Title of the paper
6. Declaration of originality and previously unpublished work.
Deadline of submission
The contributors have to submit their research work on or before 4th June 2022.
No publication fee is charged by the Journal.
In case of any queries regarding GSLR, contact the following:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Brochure- Click Here
- Call for Articles | Journal of Army Law College, Pune (JALCP) | Submit by July 31
- 3rd Shamnad Basheer Essay Competition on IP Law By SpicyIP | Prizes up to Rs 30K | Submit by July 14
- Webinar on ‘Arbitration Agreements’ | GNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolution, Gandhinagar | May 27, 6:30 PM | Register Now!
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.