About the University
National Law University Odisha (NLUO) is a vibrant addition to India’s national law universities. Within a short span, NLUO has made its mark as a university engaged in teaching and research in law. Faculty research output has always been of a very high standard, yielding among others several top-tier international publications. The student community’s engagement with co-curricular activities has yielded remarkable results, including consistently high performances in moot court competitions and active participation in prestigious national and international conferences/webinars.
The Centre for International Trade Law is a research center of National Law University Odisha established in 2015. The Centre has three faculty members- Prof. Sheela Rai, Ms. Eluckiaa A., and Mr. Kapil Sharma and it currently has three student members. The Centre has been constantly engaged in research in the field of international trade law. The Centre has already published a book in collaboration with Cambridge Scholars Press on Trade Facilitation and the WTO edited by Prof. Sheela Rai and Prof. Jane Winn. The Centre is also in the process of publishing a six-volume work on Appellate Body Reports. It has published the first volume of the book.
About the Webinar
Centre for International Trade Law (CITL) is a research centre of NLUO, established in 2015 with the vision of encouraging research in the domain of international trade law through a wide variety of activities such as webinars, conferences, publications, etc. As a step to achieving this goal, CITL is organizing a webinar on the topic ‘Investment Facilitation in the BITs and Negotiations on the Investment Facilitation Agreement under WTO’. As WTO members continue to hold negotiations for an Investment Facilitation Framework for Development in order to achieve a concrete outcome by the WTO’s Ministerial Conference scheduled for November 2021, investment facilitation forms an extremely relevant topic of discussion in the current economic climate.
- Co-ordinating Investment Facilitation Agreement with “Firewall Provisions” of International Investment Agreements.
- Threat of Dispute Roving vis-a-vis Overlap between International Investment Agreements and Investment Facilitation Agreement
- Need for Incorporating Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in Investment Facilitation Agreement
Limitations of the major pillars of investment facilitation – Transparency of Investment and Responsible business Conduct
- Special and differential treatment as a Key to Facilitating Investments in LDC Members
- Dispute Settlement System in a Plurilateral Investment Facilitation Agreement
- Role of Investment Facilitation Agreement in increasing dialogue between Foreign and Domestic Investors/Businesses
Note: The suggested themes are not exhaustive. Authors are free to work on a theme that resonates with the title of the webinar.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is inviting papers for presentation in the webinar from academicians, lawyers, legal researchers policymakers, and law students. In addition to presenting in the webinar, on the consent of the respective authors, papers selected by the editors may be published in the forthcoming edited volume on investment facilitation to be published by the NLUO Centre for International Trade Law.
Given below are the submission guidelines:
1. Kindly confine yourself to the topics identifiable with the title of the Conference.
2. There can be a maximum of one Co-Author on a paper.
3. Papers are to be written within 4000-7000 words excluding footnotes.
4. The paper is to be written in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 Format, Line-Spacing-1.5, Alignment justified.
5. Authors are requested to adhere to the Bluebook (21st ed.) citation format for footnoting in Times New Roman Font 10 size with Line Spacing-1.
6. Authors are to submit the abstract of the paper in 250-350 words.
7. Only the authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full-length papers.
8. The abstract should include title and subtitles and clearly highlight the Author’s perspective and the essence of the paper. The abstract must be mailed with the subject “Abstract Submission” on or before 30 September 2021. The Abstract must contain a cover page stating the following:
• Title of the paper
• Name of Author(s)
• Name of Institute/Organization
• Official Designation
• E-mail address
• Contact Number
9. All submissions (Abstract and full-length paper) must be made in .doc or .docx format only.
10. The abstract and full-length paper should be in the English Language. The working language of webinars and presentations shall be English.
11. Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
12. The full-length paper is to be mailed with the subject “Final Paper” on or before 15th December 2021.
13. Any form of plagiarism shall lead to immediate disqualification.
All the presenters shall receive a Certificate of Presentation.
The registration process shall begin after intimation of acceptance of Abstracts i.e., 15th October 2021.
Kindly find the registration link here – https://forms.gle/NNs7yjRxyNJRLhx88
Last date for Abstract submission: 30th September 2021Notification of Abstract acceptance: 15th October 2021
Last date for Registration: 10th December 2021
Last date for full paper submission:15th December 2021
Webinar date: 29 January 2022
·Single Author – Rs. 1000
·Co-authorship – Rs. 1500
·Single Author – Rs. 1500
·Co-authorship – Rs. 2000
·Single Author – $50
·Co-authorship – $70
• Account Holder: Registrar, National Law University,
• Bank: State Bank of India
• Account No.: 33807919875
• IFSC Code: SBIN0017678
Participants are requested to send the online transaction a receipt indicating the payment of the registration amount along
with the full-length paper.
For any queries or clarification mail us at [email protected]
Aastha Singh: +917735844988
Rishi Saraf: +919300083055
For more details please check official website.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.