Table of Contents
About National Law University Assam Law Review
NLUA Law Review is one of the flagship journals of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam. It has been established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in taking the standard of legal research in the country up by several notches. It is an Annual Peer-reviewed Journal focusing on inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches towards legal writing. The Journal is run by a Student Editorial Board and assisted by a Faculty Editorial Board.
The Journal aims to publish articles, case comments, book reviews on all aspects of Law and related issues. Here special emphasis is placed on contemporary legal studies along with its foundational philosophical thoughts.
The Journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, students, advocates and activists working for the enhancement of legal scholarship. Hence, the Journal will serve as the platform for innovative thought sharing and will aim towards contributing to the dynamic growth of legal knowledge. Here participants can discuss or analyse the contemporary legal challenges in Law in the form of articles, case notes, review articles etc.
About the University
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) was established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009).
The Hon’ble Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court is the Chancellor of the University. NLUJAA promotes and makes available modern legal education and research facilities to its students, scholars and faculty are drawn from across the country, including the North East, hailing from different socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
The Editorial Committee of NLUA Law Review is inviting quality Research Papers from Academicians and professionals (inter/multi-disciplinary with Law); Judges and Advocates; Research Scholars, and Students if the Editorial Board deems it fit to be an extraordinary work of scholarly merit.
Categories of Submission
Research Papers should be thematic, and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The submission can be sent under the following categories:
1. Research Articles: (5000 – 7000 Words) Authors have to submit research papers that comprehensively examine the topic. It should reflect an innovative re-assessment of the theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical-analytical pieces are also welcome.
2. Notes/Comments: (2500 – 5000 Words) This section should include a thought-provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions, analysis or criticism on recent development from the legal perspective.
3. Case/Report Comments: (Maximum 2500 Words) This part should entail an analysis of recent Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of Law.
4. Book Review: (1000 – 1500 Words) The Reviewer should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive analysis of the same. The hard copy of the book must be provided.[Kindly note that the word limit is inclusive of footnotes]
Guidelines for Submission
1. Submissions should be in Georgia, 12 fonts with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1-inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet.
2. Footnotes should be in Georgia, 10-font size with 1.0 line spacing.
3. Endnotes and/or Bibliography and in-text citations are not allowed.
4. Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work.
5. Headings should follow the following standard:
a. TITLE OF THE SUBMISSION: Upper-case, bold, font size 14
b. HEADINGS: Upper-case, bold, font size 14
c. Sub-Headings: Title-case, bold, font size 12
d. Sub-Sub-Heading: Title-case, italics, font size 12
6. Submissions must contain an Abstract (250-300 words) that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper, followed by five keywords.
7. Submissions must be e-mailed at [email protected] (only in .docx format). The cover letter should include the author’s profile.
8. The submission must be the original work of the author and must not have been submitted elsewhere or pending review.
9. Co-authorship is allowed. The maximum number of co-authors for a submission shall only be one.
10. Mode of citation will be OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities), the latest edition.
11. For further queries, kindly e-mail at [email protected]
The Journal shall retain all copyright.
The Last Date for submissions is Friday, 15th July 2022
Mode of Submission
- Online; to be e-mailed to [email protected]
- The manuscript should be accompanied by the author’s name, designation, name of institute, contact number and e-mail for future reference and correspondence.
- Official Notification
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.