About the Organization
Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur was established by the Government of Maharashtra in 2014. It is a residential University engaged in promoting quality legal education and conducting research on thriving issues of law, social science, and humanities.
The university is presently offering B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) Five-Year Integrated Degree Course, B.A.LL.B. (Hons. in Adjudication and Justicing) Five-Year Integrated Degree Course, LL.M. One-Year Postgraduate Degree Course, Ph.D. in interface with the law and legal issues, besides Diploma and Certificate Courses.
While it has strong student-centric goals, it also focuses extensively on the all-round development of its bright and diligent faculty members, motivating them to attain new heights.
In order to realize this holistic vision and keep in view the spirit of the Constitution, the University strives for excellence, through its centers established for advanced legal studies, research, and advocacy to address socio-legal issues and challenges.
About Centre for Energy and Telecommunication
The Centre for Energy and Telecommunication Laws (CETL) was established as one of the Centers of Excellence by Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur in the year 2018. Since its inception, the Centre has been engaged in intensive and extensive research on important contemporary issues in the field of Energy and Telecommunication Laws.
The Centre has submitted suggestions for the proposed Amendment to Electricity Act, 2003, and has also proposed some additional changes in the form of a separate Draft Bill to the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
It endeavours to offer academic contributions to energy and telecommunication policy-making by publishing reports, journals, books, and newsletters.
Themes & Sub-themes of the Colloquium
Papers are invited on any of the following sub-themes:
- Electricity Sector
- Electricity Amendment Bill (2021): A call for reform?
- Lacunae in the Regulatory Framework of Energy Laws
- Settlement of Disputes in the Electricity Sector
- Power Theft in India
- Consumer Protection in the Electricity sector
- Captive Power Plant
- Open Access
- Standard of Performance
- Revamped Distribution Schemes
- Oil and Gas Sector
- Licensing Policy in India
- The way from NELP to HELP
- Issues and Challenges in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Dispute Resolution in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board and its functions
- Nuclear and Atomic Energy
- Quandary of Nuclear Energy Legislation in a war-prone world
- Cross-Border Energy Agreements: The Way Forward
- The Future of the Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Role of WTO in securing Energy Security
- The Future of Nuclear Energy in a Carbon-Constrained World
- Renewable and Clean Energy
- Role of Law in Sustainable Energy Goals
- Draft Renewable Energy Act, 2015
- Commitments and Policy Directives of Renewable Energy in India
- Renewable energy development strategy
- Biofuels and Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy v. Fossil Fuel Energy
These sub-themes are only suggestive areas and are not exhaustive. Papers that are not covered under the above-mentioned sub-themes but have relevance in the thrust area of the colloquium may also be submitted.
The Centre for Energy and Telecommunication Laws, MNLU is making a call for papers from Academicians, Professionals, Advocates/Practitioners, Research Scholars, and Students, to be presented at the International Energy Law Colloquium, 2022.
Guidelines for Abstract Submissions
- An abstract of about 300 words should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed before acceptance.
- The following information, in the given format, should be sent along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation/Institutional Affiliation
- Address and Email ID
- Title of Abstract
- Mobile No.
The abstract must be submitted to the following link given at the end of this post latest by May 16, 2022
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the paper should be followed by the Name, Designation, Name of the Organization/University/Institution, and Email address of the author(s). It is mandatory to mention Email addresses, as all future correspondence will be done through it.
- Co-authorship is allowed subject to a maximum of two authors. However, only one author will be allowed to present the paper at the Colloquium. Paper Presentation Certificates will be issued to both authors.
- All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected.
- Registration is mandatory for confirmation of participation.
- Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in the Colloquium.
- Submission of research paper amounts to consent to such publication and transfer of copyright to Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur, and thereby, consent to edit the paper as may be required. The author(s) shall cooperate with the editor, in respect of such editing.
- The paper must be submitted latest by June 25, 2022.
All the final submissions shall be subjected to blind peer review and plagiarism check, subsequent to which the selected papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of Contemporary Law Review (CLR), a UGC-CARE listed journal.
CLR provides a platform for cutting-edge research into socio-legal issues, healthy dialogue, and exchange of ideas, identification of issues and challenges, and formulation of creative and pragmatic solutions.
Editorial Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the organizing committee and only shortlisted abstracts will be invited to submit final papers. The final paper must be submitted after the intimation of acceptance of the abstract. The final submission shall be concluded within the prescribed deadline.
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last dates of submission, respectively.
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of the abstract with payment of required fees. The proof of payment shall be asked for while paper submission.
- The full paper should be prepared in:
- The MS Word format;
- Font: Times New Roman,
- Title of the paper: Font 14, Subtitles: Font 13, Body text: Font 12;
- Spacing: 1.5 lines; and
- not exceeding 6000 words (excluding footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to the rejection of papers.
- The citation should strictly conform to the rules in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition).
- All the registered participants will be provided with participation certificates but, the organizer reserves the right to choose the quality papers for presentation.
Rules for Paper Presentation
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively;
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of the abstract with payment of required fees;
- For participation, registration is mandatory for confirmation of participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference;
- All the registered participants will be provided with a participation certificate;
- The event will be hosted through Cisco-Webex;
- Technical Session will be organized through CiscoWebex; and
- However, if the author(s) are not present during their paper presentation, they will not be awarded any certificate.
All the participants shall register themselves at the link latest by July 07, 2022
- Students and Research Scholar: INR 500
- Faculty/Professional/Other: INR 750
- For co-authorship, each author must pay:
- INR 300 (Students and Research Scholar)
- INR 400 (Faculty/Professional/Others)
Note: This fee is only applicable to participants whose papers are selected and who will be presenting their papers. For those who only wish to participate without publication or presentation, the registration is free. However, they must necessarily register themselves in order to receive the certificate.
Two Best Paper Awards will be presented to the author(s) (one in each session) whose work represents ground-breaking research in their respective areas. The decision criterion will consider both the research paper’s quality and its presentation.
Winner: INR 5,000 (each)
- Submission of Abstract: May 16, 2022
- Confirmation of Abstract: May 25, 2022t
- Submission of paper in proposed form: June 25, 2022
- Last date of registration: July 07, 2022
- Colloquium: July 16, 2022
- Publication of Selected Paper: December, 2022 (tentatively)
Payment of Fees
- Name of the A/c Holder – Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- Account No- 37157118524
- IFSC Code- SBIN0007504
- Branch Name – Ravinagar Branch, Nagpur
- Account Link- https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- Mr. Omkar Upadhyay (+91-8602680821)
- Mr. Saharshrarchi Uma Pandey (+91-9575191035)
- Mr. Rishabh Shukla (+91-7355081872)
For any queries, write at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to register.
- 3rd Vox Anatolis National Moot Court Competition | National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
- Call for Blogs | HPNLU’s GREEN GAZETTE: VOL. 2 ISSUE 1 | Submit by 15th May
- Call for Papers | GLS Kalp- Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies | GLS University, Ahmedabad | Submit by July 31
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.